1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 New 1299 Owner

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Hello all,

Just pulled the trigger on a new 1299 which i'm probably collecting next week. Sad to see the 899 go, really sad in fact. However it's going to a great home.

So yeah, I've decided to scare the shit out of myself with a nuclear reactor for a motor that is the 1299.. A bike that after I test rode it I never thought I'd buy.

Question, i've seen the bike out of the crate, it has a seat cowl on it.. I assume this is standard on the 1299's?

• Like Like x 7
  2. Welcome Dave ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh stop it you

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Very nice

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Hardest thing for me is running in 600 miles, had it since mid November only done 200 so far fecking weather, it's like pulling your teeth out with pliers. Have to say prefer my BMW Tyco at this point. If I took out a demo I may not have bought one, dealer did say getting used to it will take time, but once you are you'll be hooked, I hope he is right..
    As for the side stand ffs lol ..

• Like Like x 1
  6. I test rode the 959 and 1299 back to back. 959 was lovely but short of power. 1299 is a beast and more difficult to ride. I decided to "man up" and get the 1299 ... never regretted it. It took a good 4000 miles to get used to riding it .. but now it just feels like normal... best bike ever!!!

My 1299 came with the passenger seat and footrests in original packaging wrapped up in a box .. ever to remain there!

Enjoy!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. There is a seat that comes with it, Was asked by dealer If I wanted it to be fitted along with the foot pegs. There's a strap underneath the seat cowl aswell which I removed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Exactly what I was going to say, but I was loving mine after 2,000 miles ;)

Amen to that. :upyeah:

9. Running in periods are always a bitch!

I gave the demo they leant me a right pasting and was left feeling like I hadn't even scratched the surface !

Looking forward to getting it on track !

10. I hope you guys are right, ..:grimacing:

11. Congrats on the new bikes Advikaz and Brom66! Have to say I had a smile on my face from mile 1 - even limited to 6k rpm. Got about 1,300 miles on it now but haven't ridden in 2 months due to life getting in the way...:disappointed: Still, I start every year with "I'm gonna ride much more this year" and maybe 2017 is the year to make it happen. Will get to take it on track in April at ParcMotor in Spain which should be a blast. Actually contemplating putting the standard cans back on so that I can get it on the track in the UK but know I will sorely miss the sound of the Akra's spitting and popping :kissingheart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thank you mate

I'm really excited to start out fresh and learn what makes it tick!

13. Can you get some sort of removable bespoke baffle made for the Akras? Try MHP exhaust.

14. I've never ran anything in. I've just got on it or in it ans started using it.

Congrats on the new bike btw. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Not sure, has anyone else tried alternative baffles to the Akra ones?

16. Would have thought the Akras come with a baffle just like the Termis on the 1199?

17. I think there are multiple kits, I could be wrong. I understood the slip on kit came with baffles as its road legal (my mate has the slip on under belly kit on his 959). Where as the full system may well not come with any. Back in the 848/1098 days u could also get multiple silencer kits which looked identical but one set was full titanium and race only so no holes for baffles. Was proper confusing....

18. Mine did but even with them in they will fail a U.K. Track noise test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19. Mine did, but even with them in they will fail a U.K. Track noise test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20. Should be picking the 12 up tomorrow however the weather in the southeast is shocking!

So I may put it in the van if I can work out a safe way to strap her down...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information