1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 797 Monster Excitement!

Discussion in 'Monster' started by richgilb, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Jeez...what a piece of crap...bye-bye single side swingarm, bye-bye being arsed to squeeze more power out of the air cooled motors, bye bye la passione. I bet it weighs more, too.

[​IMG]

2. I think they're trying to make as many different models out of the Scrambler 'platform' - smacks of lack of imagination / cheap engineering to me

3. I guess that answers that. Currently Ducati is pretty well priced in our marked. The price hike is coming and i think the 797 is going to be exactly the same price as the current 821. Would be a good time to pick an 821, there are still many new ones sitting in the showroom. So i was wondering what the monster lovers out there thought of the new 797?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. I genuinely don't understand this bike...

5. Well, its supposed to be an entry level bike for people that are not hipsters or into the scrambler bikes. In theory i liked it, sort of taking the monster back to its roots with an air cooled motor, less weight and less cost.... simpler but still sophisticated and sporty on a low budget. But i am not sure it is that looking at the comments above.

6. Looks OK to me. a logical replacement for the 696 I thought.

7. Looks good , back to proper swing arm , nice compact exhaust etc ,,, if power is so important than buy a bigger one , simps .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Seems the logical update to the M696, the entry into the Monster range. I don't understand what's so upsetting about that.

9. because some think ducati can do no wrong and some think they cab do no right.. And some change their minds depending on the thread for a bit of conflict!
    me I think they make/ have made some cracking bikes and also some howlers but as in some of the above posts, I think this is a middle of the rd entry level bike and there nothing wrong with that..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes, through if it funds the proper Ducatis then good luck to them!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I had a look at it at the NEC looked good with a fair price,looks like a back step to wot the old monster was so good luck to em.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information