1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 New 959 Panigale

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by monsterleerob, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Dear All,
    After having owned a Monster 620,749,848 and 899 I bought a 959 from Ducati Stoke.
    They gave me a great deal and the service has been excellent. First impressions of the 959....
    Love it, feels and looks great (really not that much different to the 899 which was awesome and much better than me).
    See attached image with suprise exhaust

Panigale 959 Underslung.JPG

#1 monsterleerob, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. How did you end up with non-Euro 4 exhaust? Did you ask for it or was it a genuine surprise when you collected it?

3. beautiful :thumbsup:

4. I bought a 1299 exhaust and lower fairings from a well known auction site. I loved the look of the bike but having owned an 899 didnt feel I could get on with the shotgun cans. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Very nice looks fantastic

Did they have many in stock? The place I got mine from I had to order for an April build... Got £600 off the cost of the bike but beginning to think I should have rang round a few more places.

6. What did you need to do to replace the stock pipes?

7. Looks ace. Congrats! :upyeah:

8. What's with the reflector on the fork? It's like a US spec bike.

9. The reflector is part of the new euro regs.

10. Looks great - any performance improvements or just a cleaner look and better sound track ?

11. Its a 1299 exhaust on a UK spec bike (60mm diameter) as Ducati went up from 55mm on the 899. The 1299 can bolt straight on but sadly the lower fairings have to be changed although these can be from an 1199/1299. I have only ridden the bike with the underbelly exhaust so can't say if it makes any difference to the performance. The 'Flappy Valve' or 'Exup' type cannot be connected so its a little louder on tickover which I prefer to the standard shotgun cans at 98db. The engine light is currently on as this is not connected but Ducati Manchester have a program to turn this off. The reflector is a Euro nonsense requirement but are easily remove. My insurers didnt object to the change as this does not increase BHP by more than 5. Other mods include Ventureshield coating (I'm a massive fan) rear seat cowl and tankpad.
    Otherwise I dont feel the need to change anything.
    Any questions or comments please.
    Lee

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I wonder if the performance is any better or worse with the 1299 exhaust? I'm sure someone will do a back to back comparison at some point.

13. Thanks Lee,
    I had traded up from the 1100s Hypermotard to the 959. 7 days later it got stolen in a NCP carpark in London. The new replacement arrives this week and im really keen on changing the pipes. What sort of cost was your upgrade. Definitely think the paint protection is a great idea.

Cheers,Grant

14. Which car park Grant? Sorry to hear it too.

15. It was at the London Wall car park.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Hi Grant, I was lucky. Found the exhaust for £175 on eBay and the lower fairings for £170. Sorry to hear about your bike.
    Good luck Lee

17. Love what you've done there looks great. I had to chuckle reading the rest of the thread my aged eyes looked at the forks and I thought they were ohlins ! But as I read through I could see it was a reflector !

18. Wow thats a good price - was it the complete exhaust? or could you use some of the existing 959 setup? thanks for your help on this.

19. Its all 1299 exhaust. I got the complete shotguns and all the trimmings back from the dealer. The only think that doesn't work is the flappy valve so the engine light is on until I have the fault removed by Ducati manchester.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information