1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Austin Racing Exhaust And Few Other Pics

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by nathdore, Feb 6, 2015.

1. My Austin Racing can arrived today and i managed to put it on with no problems at all. My bike needs a good clean but it now sounds amazing!!!

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0015.PNG

IMG_0016.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. Very nice:)

3. Thanks Peter.

4. Looks great especially with that rear hugger

5. Looks great. How's it sound?
    I'm not entirely convinced by the performance advantages of open Termis on the original headers. I feel there might be more torque to be had from a whole new 2-1 system and I really like the look of that can, but since having some tuning work done on my SF its very loud. I won't get away with more.

6. What's the cost of one of these systems? Cheers

7. It sounds amazing, a real deep throaty growl, I can't get enough of it. I did try to put a video on here of the sound but didn't manage to figure out how to do it. It is loud but Harley's are louder.
    I paid £900 +vat so it wasn't cheap but worth it in my opinion. It's totally changed my bike for the better!

8. Well made pipes aren't cheap. So what do you get for that? I take the headers are original and the AR kit comprises the can and a tail pipe piece to replace the siamesed section of the original. Is that correct? Or has the siamesed bit simply been removed? And what about the rear exhaust shrouds. Did they come with the kit? Hope that makes sense. I'm only going by cursory inspection as I haven't had my stock system apart.
    I don't suppose you've had it dynoed by any chance? I'd be interested in before and after graphs to see how and where its changed the torque curve.

9. You're absolutely right about the pipes, you get a titanium section that replaces the bit which has the servo attached to it. I've now done away with the servo motor and installed a servo buddy. I was really surprised how much the old cans weighed, they were extremely heavy. The new can weighs next to nothing. I haven't had my bike dyno'd but i do plan to have the ECU remapped soon to get the most out of the changes i've made, i put a K&N air filter in at the same time as the exhaust.

10. That fly screen is definitely the best one!

11. Thanks Gregor, It's actually the ducati performance screen, but i didn't like the shape of it so i cut it down with a jigsaw to a shape liked then used wet and dry sandpaper to smooth the edges. I then had it wrapped in matt black to match the bike, finally i added the small ducati decal. I think it suits the bike much better now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You've done a good job there mate! Might have to get you to make me one! ;)

13. It really wasn't difficult to do. You should have a try yourself that way you can have the exact shape you like. Plus the satisfaction of customising it for yourself. Good luck!!

14. Looks nice mate, I have heard the AR on an 899 its loud.
    You have to post your video on Youtube then link to it from here using link button the same way you share on Faceache :)

15. OK, I'll lay my ignorance on the table here. I'm considering fitting the same AR arrangement as you. When you talk about a servo, its removal and installation if a servo buddy.... erm.... would you mind explaining to this duffer what that all means ? :)

16. Great looking bike

17. There is a servo in the link pipe between the headers and the end cans which opens and closes a valve for noise reduction and gas flow when the bike is in neutral I think? Removing this makes it a straight through pipe and therefore removes the restriction. Thus a smoother running engine and a better exhaust note. If I'm not mistaken!!

18. Was you down the chalet earlier today?

19. Nah mate were at loomies for an hour or so around 1

Do Not Sell My Personal Information