1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 New Chain And Sprocket Needed

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by PCRR, Mar 8, 2017.

1. hello all.
    Need a new chain and sprocket. Thinking of a supersprox rear sprocket. Fancy a gold chain.
    Any advise on what chain and sprocket to buy. Also what's the opinion on rear sprocket teeth?

2. If it was me I'd go renthal sprocket and either DID or AFam chain

3. Great so renthal sprocket definately the preferred option then, any shouts on teeth numbers?

4. Horses for courses isn't it mate. All the big brands are good.

5. Cool cheers, wasn't sure if certain set ups better for road/track bikes...

6. Do I need a specific sprocket carrier with Renthal?

7. Some say avoid aluminium sprockets for the road but I've not had a problem myself

8. I had Renthal hard anodised on previous R1 with no problems. Was just thinking of Supersprox as it has a steel outer ring.

9. We use DID or RK chains, SuperSprox are the best of both worlds as you get a hard wearing steel teeth ring with a lightweight aluminium carrier (as said above).

Renthal alloy sprockets will be ligher than the Supersprox but if you get a lot of abrasive dust/grit and it wears away the top coating they won't last as long.

Front sprockets are all steel, even Renthal (due to spinning aprox 3 times as far as the rear).

Imho DID are the best chains you can buy.

10. Renthal will be the same fitment as OEM rear sprocket.

11. Any specifics for the front sprocket? Looking at renthal but different options with pitch - 15, 20,25? Assume if DID chain 525 then match with renthal sprocket 25? Sorry if being a knob head.

12. I would say the 25 will go with a 525 pitch chain. Surprised they offer a 15 pitch in your fitment!.

13. Just me looking online to buy the parts. Think I am going with DID chain, Superstox rear sprocket and Renthal front.

14. Best of all worlds there, good choice!.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Any recommendations on where to get a Supersprox rear sprocket, seems everywhere has low/no stock? Thanks

16. Have you tried Calsport re:Supersprox Sprocket?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information