1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 New Ducati 1299s Anniversario

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mito22, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Why would he have registered and rode it 9 miles if he wanted to sell it? Surely he would have left it unregistered like the last one? Strange behaviour indeed.

I think you will find the HMRC class bikes and cars as a wasting asset so no capital gains tax to be paid - also you have a yearly allowance anyway even if this wasn't the case.

2. It states selling on behalf of the owner.

3. i have not got one

4. as far as i know anything above £6k sold and for profit including cars and bikes have to be declared.

of course i will not report him. can't be fucked. but just so annoying that people like that are about.
    i did put deposit down for anny and didn't get one. maybe cos of person like that

5. An article in the Sunday Times last weekend explained tax on collectors bikes and quoted a £331,900 Brough - they state no tax to pay. I checked with my accountant a couple of years ago and he wasn't sure, but checked and said no tax to pay on gains too.

6. Thing is the people who bought one to ride/polish/give a girls name to are as much to blame as you not getting one as the people who bought one simply to sell on.
    I understand it must irk but there are no rules on the purchasing of said bike, people like to make money on desirable items and money talks (unfortunately in a lot of cases).
    Life's too short to get the hump over things like that, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The last one that was for sale wasn't registered and was at the guys house. You can buy a bike and not register it.

9. This goes someway to explain the Honda philosophy of not making the RCV limited edition as such but making as many as they get orders for... obv the earthquake screwed that up a bit but it's good logic. They didn't want them bought by collectors, they wanted them bought to use

10. Sort of makes sense but I know a chap who has one and it will never be used, it's will not even be started up .

11. My god that's criminal, absolutely criminal

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maybe people should be able to by models where the forks, engine etc don't have any internals. Just a shell of a bike.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. That would make them 'just a shell of a man' though.... sorry, I'll get my coat

14. I know somebody exactly the same. Apparently he'll take £250k for it. lol I tell you what though, if I could afford one I certainly would buy one. :)

15. pays yer money and takes yer chance, or something, who cares, early bird catches worm.
    buying and selling rare bikes, is no different to doing anything else for a living. Its only like buying stocks and shares. Further more, many buy a panigale and sell it thinking what the hell is this? I cant ride this. Its each to his own.
    No one knows the next mans circumstance either, shit happens, and that dream bike, can need to be sold in a flash.
    Some would see paying a couple of grand extra to get something that was special and sold out a bargain. Like everything, its supply and demand, at least residuals will be kept high!
    Me? I love my 1199s, very very much, and not one of the newer panigales is worth shelling out an additional £10-60k over what I own outright. In fact, forget the anniversary paint, even put a SL2 next to mine, and I just cant see how its worth nearly 4 times more!!
    rant over..... i think :Dead:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pre-winter pic...this is going to be a long winter...:Banghead:

Ducati 6.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  17. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In for first service and a tidying up the headers and remove the shit head covers.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Looking great! U must have been one of the first to get your 600 miles done? Have u noticed much difference to heat when removing the head covers on your bikes? I want to do it to mine to show off a bit more of the mechanicals

19. Looks well @simmytt. Its going to be quite a few months before I get my 600 miles done! Best I can hope for is some nice weather so I can take some decent photos of it. lol. Ride safe... :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information