1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Dvt Collected Today :)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Franksie, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Just picked up my new DVT today, its the standard version as I prefer the standard suspension having never got on with the skyhook version I previously had.

Love it, trips aren't resetting which is good, just pissed off with the silver panniers and top box, specially now as they are coming off production line colour coded. Ah well, will either have to buy the panels when available or get them sprayed. Too early to report on anything else but rides nicely, just got to run it in over the next few days.

One think of note, I had the OEM radiator guard fitted so they told me that Italy have advised that if this is fitted the front mud guard extension has to be removed as it can hit the radiator guard under heavy braking, anyone else heard this??

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

#1 Franksie, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Enjoy. Put almost 3k on mine now.

Loving it. Off to Snowdonia at the end of the month :)

3. I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous.
    :upyeah:

4. Looks superb, enjoy. When I got mine the Dealer mentioned the compatibility of the fender extender with the enduro sump guard, not the rad guard, that may explain.

5. Nice, (wrong colour tho ;)) mine came fitted with the rad guard fitted and the front extender had been removed so guess its true. Enjoy

6. Lovely bike, I prefer the white as well though ;)

What GPS mount have you used?

Those reflectors on the front fork look awful, aren't they mandatory only for the US version? They don't appear on the UK website.

7. I don't know why your moaning about the panniers, I like them. I was thinking of spraying my panels silver. as there black now and make them look massive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. My UK MS has the reflectors - when I was last in the dealership I noticed all the MS did, but not everything else, Diavels for example...so I'm not sure about the logic!
    I was initially quite annoyed that colour matched panniers had not been made available to me and I had intended to ask the dealer what, if anything, they would do about it.
    But, the more I reflect on it, the more I'm coming round to think the colour match with various bits on the bike....knuckle guards, pegs etc. prevents the bike being swamped with too much red (or white)....but I still haven't quite convinced myself of that argument ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks lovely, enjoy'

10. Reflectors are because the bike is Euro 4 compliant and all Euro 4 bikes must have these fitted.

All new bikes will have them by 2017.

11. I'm guessing the topbox and pannier covers can be removed and thus be vinyl wrapped to match.

12. Ok suggest we remove them and put them back in 2017 then... :)))

13. Nice, lucky sod still waiting for mine :upyeah:

14. Sweet.......

15. When my DVT arrives I think I'll leave the reflectors on. Initially I was definitely going to take them off (aesthetics) but they're warming to me for two reasons:
    1) As Duke63 says, all 2017+ bikes will have them, so you can't remove them after 2017 (assuming MOT failure), so they won't look out of place.
    2) Got to be good if it means being more visible:Wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have the dvt s model with the radiator grill and the engine bar which wraps around front of the rad. I also have the mud guard extender on.
    I got my bike in May and fitted the kit myself as the mechanic was pushed for time.
    Not had a problem with them touching and I've done 4000 miles now.
    Had other problems like
    running bad after heavy rain - fixed with ft85 all over the leads
    Seat cover coming off - glued back
    Screen loosing bolt inside slider on last day of my tour - gaffer tape and then fixed when I got back.
    Fairing bolt rattled loose - fitted new one
    Bolt fell off my stand foot. - looking for replacement.
    Oh and my rear brake failed the day before my trip jammed on an overheated then just went limp. - dealer bled the brakes and has put in for a warranty claim in for disk and pads.

Also got a puncture second day of the trip; must say the electronics are great, I only noticed when bike slid out on two hair pins.
    Stopped and checked rear only had 14 PSI.
    Fixed onside of the road and fitted a new pirelli angel gt when I got to Switzerland.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She is a great bike and full or character. The abs and corner abs are great. The cruise control is a fantastic.
    Congrats on your new bike and enjoy.

#18 SMG, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Looking at your pictures I would assume that the mud guard extender would hit your engine bar before the radiator guard, I cant see the problem but I have a copy of the letter from Ducati to the dealers saying not to fit both together, either or!!!!, without the mud guard extender I can see I,ll need the radiator guard to fend off all the shit thrown up at it. Might try and fit it back and see what happens.

18. cracking photos by the way!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information