1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Ecu Update

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Matt23, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Hey Guys,

I'm reading on the Italian forum that a new software update has been released (dec 2016).
    Well, feedback from the users there are from: 'finally, my old 2010/2012 is back!' to: 'this is a new bike now, the difference is embarrassing'. Especially in the sport map they say and the RBW feedback that now looks very responsive and not with all the issues that we all know about.
    Haven't heard my UK dealer yet, therefore I'm not sure it's available here, but I just wanted to let you all know! Looks this time Ducati got it right for real!

#1 Matt23, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. i would be very curious if this new map is for '15/'16, or only for '17 bikes as they have a revised design type of airbox design.
    time will tell I suppose :frowning:

3. I'm in for a service tomorrow... I'll ask.

4. the new update is for 2015/16 bikes.

The airbox modification is also doable on these bikes. I've already ordered the parts needed and will make the modification along with a race filter.

I've just open a new post with parts numbers, etc!

#4 Matt23, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Interested if anyone can find out if there's an ECU update for full Termignoni DVTs.

6. Is this ECU update valid for the Enduro as well or just for the Multistrada? I am going to ask my dealer here in México if they know something about it

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

7. I had a new map on my DVT back in May which utterly changed the bike from what it was when new in Jan 2016. I'm booked in for my annual service next weekend so I'll also enquire. I'd been told that they release maps very frequently anyway so really shouldn't be surprised. I would be surprised if it's any better than the April 2016 update as it's already significantly better than from when it was launched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. My dealer (P&H) didn't know anything about this...
    However I had the 9,000 mile service, the exhaust servo valve replaced under warranty (and Cat I guess), and the mechanic fitted the Viz-Tek servo eliminator (pretty good for a factory trained mechanic who said he always recommends them). No need to disconnect the cables and the bike is so much smoother at low revs, picks up power really quickly from 2-4K revs where the valve used to be shut. A good purchase and cheaper than the full Termi solution suggested (even if it's not as trick and powerful).

vizi-tec - Ducati exhaust valve eliminator

9. Question has to be asked as to why something as universal as an ECU update isn't notified direct to owners when Ducati can hit you up individually for marketing or feedback purposes...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I have passed the annual revision the previous week, and I have loaded the new update, it shows with the most linear acceleration, but it fights more when you release the accelerator in retentions. I have also checked the actual oil consumption by accurately measuring what I empty and have been 250 centiliters, which in 7000 km in all conditions and types of roads I do not seem excessive
    IMG_8724 2.JPG

11. Must confess my June 2016 bike has no flat spots or issues with fuelling. Not quite sure how mine can be improved upon but always willing to be proved wrong.

12. @Matt23

Is there a Map Id on the new ECU remap that I can refer to or ask my local dealer to download from the Mothership?

13. When you go in for a service it gets hooked up to a laptop and the latest stuff just gets downloaded. I don't believe that the dealer has a lot of control over what gets installed. It's a bit like Windows 10 updates.

I got mine back after my annual service and the bottom end and the mid-range feels noticeably sharper and much improved. It's much crisper down low and the mid-range dip has pretty much gone. It's as you would have hoped it should have been on launch day - bloody good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Which is why I wouldn't have my ecu tuned while in warranty. You have to make sure they don't overwrite it in servicing.

I do wonder, however, if things like hill start are just added given it should just be an ecu command to the brakes. Mine is in next week, think I'll ask :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Let us know what the answer is bradders :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. This is good news, perhaps this new tune will go world wide.
    How long ago was your service ?? and what year is yours ??

17. Just had my annual service done at the weekend and my DVT was new as of Jan 2016. It did go back to the dealer for a fork seal replacement in June and it definitely had an ECU update then too.

I called my dealer a short while ago to verify whether an ECU update had been carried out and they had to admit that they didn't know for sure but in all probability it would have done. They just update it with whatever Ducati provides and don't seem to take much notice of the actual occurrence.

18. To be honest, the only reason you'd want it tuned is because the original one had plenty of room for improvement. I'd say that it's possibly a moot point now.

I would have thought that hill hold would actually require an additional servo?

19. Not sure how the abs works. Does it just drakes and then allow existing pressure to reapply or is it able to apply. Anyone know for sure if they are combined braking? :)

20. Could you please share your experience with the new ECU update.
    I wonder how is this affect the fuel consumption.
    Has anyone updated his/her ECU and airbox modification as well?

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information