1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Ecu Update

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Matt23, Jan 31, 2017.

1. It's amazing!! Smooth and revvy! I love it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. All I can say is that bottom end and mid-range is vastly improved. I don't have the airbox mod and my bike is completely stock with the exception of a Duc-EE, but with it running the way it is at the moment I do not feel compelled to do anything else to it as I'm more than happy.

As for fuel consumption, I didn't buy a 1200cc bike to be watching fuel and I ride in central London in varying traffic and conditions and so I'd be the last person to ask about fuel economy. The only way I'll be able to tell any difference is when I go to Germany in May.

3. Hold on your the first person on the forum from the uk that has had this update meaning it must be rolling out to the wider community.

4. This is the ECU software id currently being loaded on our 2016 bikes in India. Would be very helpful if anyone could share the current software id for the new ECU map.

IMG-20170220-WA0012.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. Here in Mexico dealer dont know anything about the new map. Do you know if there is a new map also for the Enduro?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

6. The enduro updated one is what the multi-dvt is getting as far as I'm aware.

7. I spoke with the Dealer again. They are getting a new version of the software this week (Ducati Diag). Will check and update you if it includes new map libraries.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you can tell me how I can obtain that info directly from my bike then I'd be able to share that. So far no one has been able to tell me how I can get that info without a laptop and my dealer isn't about to share the software around ... they might do things differently in India.

9. I'm not sure that I'm the first and I've been informed by my dealer that Ducati push these updates out all the time. I actually noticed a bigger improvement on my January 2016 supplied DVT when it went into the dealer in May 2016. My dealer told me that in the interim period that Ducati had pushed out 7 or 8 different updates. I did report it on the forum at the time and I'm certain that between May 2016 and Feb 2017 that other DVT owners have been into their dealers for one reason or another and more than likely had updates too. The trouble is if they didn't have the experience of a bike supplied earlier in the year then they have nothing to compare it to, and so wouldn't report anything.

Someone else was taking their bike in for a service recently and was going to report back also.

10. I just noticed that your "programming date" is September 2015 and your "Market" is Europe. Sounds like your bike is on the original software and your dealer isn't getting any updates if you only purchased it recently ... and might that have something to do with the "Market" that your bike was originally destined for? I wouldn't expect an Indian bike to be designated as European but I'm only guessing, I'm not Ducati. You need to check with Ducati directly.

11. When it's serviced or in for repair most dealers always plug in and update everything. It's just good practice. M
    No idea outside the UK

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The market for all ducatis being sold in India is Europe. We have no specific tune for India and are getting the euro spec maps. The specific picture is from their demo bike but the software id is the same on my bike.

The dealer says he updated the software last year. They have received a new CD with a software update which they will install this week. May have a new map library hopefully. Will visit them later this week and can share an update on what they have.

13. We look forward to it. It should be quite revealing, particularly if it's not had an update (or presumably a service) for over a year.

14. This is a snapshot of the Ducati Diagnosis System 2.0, Menu: Self Diagnosis/ECU Info which the Ducati workshop/dealership here use.

I'm on good terms with the workshop manager and he was OK with me taking an image of the ECU software version. They seem pretty open to learning as much as they can to help.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Loaded the new ECU map today. Seems much more linear and hopefully should address the flat spot completely once the airbox upgrade is done. Will share after riding more over the weekend.

This is the software version id for reference.

20170223_180614.jpg 20170223_180614.jpg

16. Mine was in last weekend , was updated didn't notice anything different though it didn't have a flat spot since the termi was fitted

17. Haven't added a new pipe yet but the mid range feels vastly improved with the new map. Put in another 20 kms in the evening (less traffic) and its pulling cleanly and strongly. Put a grin on my face.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information