1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 New Engine Or Break The Lot

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Red-Leader, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Well my 1098s has just eaten its second engine so its time to get a second hand engine or break the lot. Is the market still buoyant for second hand 1098 parts or has the bottom dropped out of the market ( a bit like my engine)
    Or is there a market for the bike for someone to fix themselves over the winter. Just trying the gauge the correct direction to go down at the moment.
    Your thoughts would be apprecieated.
    Cheers
    R-L

2. Just install the latest 998s or 999r engine, and get on with it [emoji3]

3. What happened? Did it spin the big-end shells?

4. Thats a shitter Kev, although you have done some miles... Guess depends if you still want the rest Paul from Snells could rebuild it for likely far less than a dealer, or help advise on cost @PGP (although don't know if you use Mike D)

But if you want something ewer or different...Ohlins Suspension and fairings seem to still sell well enough on eBay not sure about the rest

5. Put an 1198 motor in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. If I could find a decent engine for good money I guess that's the correct path, but £1800 in a 5K bike doesn't seem worth the hassle at the moment. Ill keep looking for for an engine and see what turns up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ive messaged you mate

8. I have sent you a message

9. Did you want to sell the whole bike as it is? Or was you going to brake it??

10. If I were Kev, I would break the bike and sell the parts off separately. Far better chance of recouping the most amount of cash.

11. I'd be interested in the dash/lock set.

12. untitled.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sorry ive not replied to those who have sent PMs.
    Still looking at options, but I don't think I can get enough back if I break it at the moment. Been so busy that I've not had time to even get on the forum but will be less busy next week hopefully so will make the decision then.

14. Forks £1000
    Wheels £600
    Frame with id £500
    Bodywork £400
    Tank and pump £150
    Exh £500
    Engine for spares £500
    Rear shock £300
    Clock ecu loom locks etc £400
    Calipers £200
    Discs £100
    Swinger complete £250
    Slipper clutch (if it has one) £300
    Yokes £150
    Clip ons £50
    Throttle bodies and injectors £200
    left overs £200
    I know they are estimates but that adds up to over £5.5k

15. Yes JHP slipper clutch, quick shifter and power commander.
    Two sets of body work.
    Blimey I didn't think it would work out !
    Or Andy could build another Bitser !

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I know he has a S4 Monster frame ready to fit that lot.

17. Looks about right but may take a while. Or try and sell the lot for 4K as is and let someone else break/repair. Either way better off than replacing the motor financially

18. Boss was buying a couple of bits from a fella breaking a car. Asking questions, he then got told he was offered £5000 for the car as-is but worked out he could have gotten £5400 for it broken so is breaking it. All that effort for £400! Nutter!

For an extra £1500 over selling the lot as-is, I'd break it. For £800-900 or less I'd not bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. I will list it on here for sale next week sold as seen before it goes on e bay.
    I just need to collect it from Snells.
    Thanks everyone for their input.
    R-L

Do Not Sell My Personal Information