1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member - Oily Pete - Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Oily Peter, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Thanks Guy's again for the warm welcome.

Like everyone (I Think) I'm looking forward to warmer weather, salt free roads and a bit of sunshine so as I can get back on two wheels. In the meantime I plan on spending some time in the garage with my mistress, She needs a full service ready for some action.

On a different note I see there are one or two threads on big bore 1040 conversions which I am seriously considering. If I do go for it I'll make sure I post a step by step report to share with you Guy's.

Cheers All :grinning:

2. Hi. Cream Revenge.
    In answer to your question.... The picture with the bike in bits was taken 12 months ago when my 848 EVO got a major overall after a hard year on the track and a few too many crashes! .. the only work I couldn't do myself was the full refurbish of the original frame - this was checked for alignment and then repainted by JHP (Ducati Coventry - John Hackett -Top Bloke. it was they that built the bike originally for the Ducati Challenge Cup). I also had the forks and rear shock serviced by K-Tech.
    The work I did, was re shimming all the valves - this took ages trying to get them exactly spot on to very tight tolerances, replacing the belts and dialling in the cams. a new swing arm, samco hoses and new CRC Bodywork was all part of the rebuild. since then and all last year the bike has been spot on, running sweet and no crashes!:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information