1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member Saying Hello. '95 750ss Buckinghamshire

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Earnest_Meadows, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Hi all,
    I'm new to this community and to Ducati ownership.
    My brother recently purchased a 900 monster and that stoked the fire for me to get another bike, I've been bikeless for 4 years!
    Strangely both my brother and dad have owned 750ss' my brother's was yellow.
    It didn't take long for me to decide upon getting a 750ss, infact, it was almost subconsciously decided. Two weeks later and I was picking one up!
    I love the bike, it has so much character, I keep wondering off into the garage just to look at it!
    I picked it up from Cheltenham and rode it back through the cotswolds, a fanastic way to get acquainted.
    It has a couple of niggles which I am looking forward to addressing, some clutch slippage on WOT and some popping at low revs and coming off throttle.
    It has a stage 2 dynojet with the open airbox mod, k&n filter and Bos cans.
    I'm looking forward to meeting any enthusiasts nearby, I noticed a meeting at the Supersausage cafe, that's 5 minutes away from me.
    Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

Hope to attend a meet or a local ride soon.

Dave

• Like Like x 10
  2. Old member saying hello back, Dave.

And welcome btw :)

3. Hi and welcome back.
    Please do come to the meet up at the Super Sausage if you can make it.

4. I'll be there!

5. Don't worry about the popping, I think all of us with DJ kits, open boxes and exhaust have this, but I found that changing the plugs dose help it a bit. Bike looks clean, I do like the black screens, seems to finish the bike off. Welcome, I may see you Sunday but the weather is not looking good, well it is summer after all!

6. weather not looking good? You made of sugar? Gunna dissolve? Lol..
    hello and welcome ear see you sunday:upyeah::upyeah:

7. Welcome, nice bike!

8. welcome - looks a nice bike :upyeah:

9. Welcome :upyeah:

10. Thank goodness...... It's red :)

Didn't want to scroll to pic incase it was yellow :Wideyed:

Hello and welcome to the old members mad house
    Well some of us are old I'm not :Smuggrin:

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  11. Yes we are :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. This is the oldest one :Smuggrin:

13. I am one year ahead of you, granted :smileys:

14. You wish :Jawdrop:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Thanks for the welcome, the bike is in good shape, there are a few things that I'd like to freshen up, mainly the flaking paint on the engine. Looking forward to seeing the bikes attending the supersausage meet! I can ask a few questions in person then!
    Dave.

• Like Like x 1
  16. flakey paint is a curse.... Mine has it as does my 748 & 9. It prompted the rebuild of my 748 but unfortunately the painters didn't prep the casings very well and 1500 miles in it started flaking again! :Rage:
    going to look into ceramic coating for the ss when I get round to restoring it and the 748 when the engine eventually gives up. No sign of that yet though, seems the more i thrash it, the sweeter it runs!

17. welcome ..........and that's a nice looking bike :)

18. I ride every day regardless of weather so when it comes to fun I like it dry, the roads that is.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lol... Weather don't look to bad mate! Get out there!

20. Hello!

The popping and banging in the exhaust at idle and when on a trailing throttle can be solved if you want to by backing out the mixture screws 1/2 turn each. Try that and see if it makes it better, if not, then just put them back.

When my bike had a similar configuration to yours it had exactly that issue. Nothing serious.

Nice to meet you yesterday!

You might find this interesting...

#TheChapMag The Chap Manifesto

Do Not Sell My Personal Information