1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 New Ms Owner Looking For Info On Bike

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by barryw33, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Welcome Dave. Introduce yourself properly in the newbies section:)

2. done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ignore the reference to Adventure. What you have there is an MTS 1200 ABS, not the Ohlins adjustable suspension S or Touring model. I have owned the same 2010 base ABS model from new and it's a great bike. This one is very standard and it will be worth looking into an after market exhaust to get rid of the CAT. the bike will be lighter (less 7 kgs approx.) run better and sound fantastic. Also maybe a visit to a suspension tuner to get it set up for your weight with the right sag.

At 18,000 miles, it should have had it's 15,000 mile major service (new belts/valve shim check) which can set you back £7-800. Also the chain/sprockets will be at the end of their life if not already changed. Definitely worth checking.

A good reference for information: Motorcycle Info Pages -

Home

Hope you enjoy the bike.

4. welcome, join the map below!

5. Hi Barry, I have just bought one too, 2010 model and it's an awesome bike.....can't wait for decent weather, the instruments keep saying "ice" these days.

6. Thanks for the replies, the dealer had agreed to fit a new chain and sprocket before I pick it up thanks. Can't wait to get my hands on it, not even seen it in the flesh yet.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information