1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Norton V4 Limited Edition Run Of 200

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Spikelikemike, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Norton, based near Donington Park, do factory tours on Friday's, and I went on one a couple of months ago. They have the TT bikes from previous years lined up and I recollect correctly the early ones were standard Aprilia V4's in old Norton rotary frames. They were developed over recent years and the most recent TT bike had a bespoke frame and an Aprilia motoGP engine, apparently the ECU was a bit all or nothing which made riding it a bit difficult... They said the new V4 road bike engine was developed by Ricardo Engineering, but the frame would be made in house, however the tour didn't include the V4, but concentrated on the current twins.
    Although it's only a small place the factory tour was quite interesting, at a leisurely pace, knowledgable tour guide, photos allowed, chat to the employees, etc, probably a couple of hours, and not the Ducati 'speed march' tour.
    There is hardly any automation, and a lot of skilled fitters and fabricators - which was nice!.
    The tours are limited to 20 people each week and are booked up for some time. the party I joined included owners of the new models from Australia, Japan and Germany, all really happy with their bikes. Well worth putting your name down for.

Mr Bimble.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Happy Days - received my build/ltd edn No on Minday and seems viewings of the bike and meeting the build team will be November so looking forward to that - and no doubt that will be deposit day!
    Be interesting to see what build up / interest there is meantime as this will no doubt sway how we go from here.......

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big reveal at tne factory Monday week - ahead of the official launch

Will get some pics then drum up some noise to see who is interested in purchasing a ltd edn !

• Like Like x 1
  4. That would look just right sitting alongside my 1947 model 18 :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
  5. few pics of the RR model and ltd SS - they are epic!

IMG_2811.JPG IMG_2810.JPG IMG_2809.PNG

#25 Spikelikemike, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Sexual

I like the carbon one the most. I don't like too much shiny

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not sure. Looks a combo of Panigale and an old CBR1000f..

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. Reminds me a bit of a 10/1198

I do like it a lot but outta my price league

9. KTM are going to sell a limited edition track day replica of their V4 GP bike for the millionaires club. Ducati are working on a new V4 Desmo and now there's this Norton. That would be some set to have in the garage.

The Norton looks like an R1 to me, especially the carbon version which I like. Less keen on the all-over polished look.

10. Personally I am not impressed.

11. I do wish they would drop the chrome frame thing... it's so 1990 spondon... and the bike to me looks heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. You can polish a turd!

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. That could be because they bought Spondon and incorporated it into Norton...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Makes sense, oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Then it should be called Sporton...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. So went to the NEC yesterday to take another look at the SS which is a long way off delivery and a keeper/investment - and ended up ordered up an RR in carbon for the new ride Excited not the word.

A well loved pani 899 for sale in the summer ......

Great team of people at Norton from CEO to chief enginner and builders on the stand all very engaging and took time to discuss all at length - if all dealers / manufaturters had as much heart and soul rather than being "just engineers" the bike world would be an even better place

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wow, look forward to hearing what it is like

18. watching the nec on quest at the min. That norton is lovely...

19. when your tire of the rr,if you'd consider a swap for a really really beat up 1981 Rm 250 pm me dude

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information