1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pipe For Strada Advice ?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Mr Tea, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Morning all.
    Keep mulling around with the idea of doing a few things to my Strada , one of which is to change the end can on it .
    Cant afford a full system , looked at a few Arrow end cans on ebay for around £350 which is ok. The SC projects seem VERY load from what ive seen on here.
    Any advice or experiences ? It would need to be a low system so the odd time I have the panniers on they still fit / don't get cooked !

2. You can have my spare austin racing one and link pipe if you want?

3. I can tell you to avoid the MIVV can. Cheap on eBay, and I liked it at first.

It soon became a little embarrassing and with the baffle in was too quiet.
    The Arrow might be slightly better, but the size of the exhaust can is still much smaller than the termignoni option so I still think it'll be loud.

4. I have a hypermotard but need low mount strada for mine aswell as I have panniers. I'm looking at the Austin racing gp2,akrapovic and remus. Remus looks quite good and sounds ok. Check YouTube.

5. My Austin can is winging its way toward his as we speak!

• Like Like x 1
  6. What Austin can is it as I'm considering one,how loud was it ?

7. Depends which model.....mine was the older type but did come with a baffle...its been on my rsv4, then on my zed....with the baffle in on my rsv4 it was quiet enough to sail through an MOT and with the baffle out sounded like a motogp bike....so you can have it both ways....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Here's mine... Or... Was mine...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Looks loud lol,I like the look of the SC pipes but there are mega loud. Think it's going to be akrapovic for me.

10. Looks better than the new ones though,and a £750 there more expensive than Akrapovic

11. It's a well made pipe. I bought an sc project from a lad on here (thanks Ben). I didnt need the link pipe as it went on my Z1000 so the link pipe went on the Austin. I think it'll look pretty trick on the hyper! The sc project I've got from Ben is a crt and is Fuck off loud...and has no option for a dB killer but (cos I've got an amazing wife) so she lets me have other bikes... My rsv4's akra is db'd so I can fit if I need to go through the mot for example... The sc project on its own would be too loud...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. I think the S C Projects one you are on about is the CR-T which is loud. I have just ordered this one....

scprojects.jpg

13. Comfy's pipe is great , and a massive 80% lighter than my original Ducati standard pipe . Fitted easy at 20 minutes but just noise wise didn't float my boat . I think I wanted a more muted noise if that makes and sense .

Its a right bargain for someone who wants a pipe that's like new but at second-hand price.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I put a GPR on mine and it sounds mint according to my mates.
    Not too loud either. GPR_n.jpg

15. I had a GPR on my Diavel, sounded mint, if not slightly loud, but hey ho........

16. I'm still undecided. I like the Austin GP2,but can't justify the £800 price tag,so if anyone has a 2nd hand one for sale ?

17. Have you 1 for sale ?

18. I have yes, Mr Tea tried it but it was a bit too loud for him (he wants to go touring)...its on its way back to me i think...the pipe itself is from my rsv4 but fits on to the sc project link pipe...

19. Ahh right. That the Austin pipe ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information