1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New R1's

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Considering buying one as a track bike. Anyone know of any issues with noise testing on them?

I see a lot of them with the Akra pipes, reckon they'll pass say brands ?

2. R1M measured 107db static at Mallory without baffle about a month ago and got a warning on the driveby with the baffle fitted although not excluded. R1s at Jerez 2 weeks ago were crazy loud. Andy

3. Thats weird to hear Android. The ones i've seen have all been really quiet?

4. Not sure how street legal the one at Mallory was although it had that archetypal R1M howl at full chat, the 2 guys at Jerez were definitely on track bikes. Clearly the fully street legal bike has to meet type approval regulations so will be eighty something db at 4700(ish) rpm but like many of us, I suspect Advikaz isn't going to want to run a standard bike on the track ;). Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. If I get one, I'd want to be putting the Akra end can on it at least.

May get the decat link pipe but obviously that will wake the dead so for road only.

6. my mates got an r1 with a scorpion race can.you can barely hear it. you have to get rid of the cat apparently

7. Had a look around, tbh the deals on yamahas are crap so don't think I'll bother

Do Not Sell My Personal Information