1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To The Forum...new To Bikes

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Jamie_C, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Hi everyone,
    Only just getting into bikes going through my lessons at the moment and loving it!
    Anyway Ive got some money saved for a bike and am thinking of getting a 796 Monster..... love the look of them and always liked Ducati bikes.
    Im learning on a KTM 690 Duke so how will the monster be compared?
    Also has anybody dealt with the superbike factory macclesfield? They have a 796 which is just about perfect but its a long way for me to go if it turns out to be a heap.
    Cheers
    Jamie

2. Welcome J.

3. Welcome Dave. Everywhere is a trek from Whitby.

4. Welcome from your capital :D

5. "Good chippy in Whitby" - or so the wife tells me whenever it's mentioned. I reckon that's all she knows about it

Welcome Jimmy :upyeah:

6. Welcome, don't think you'll go far wrong with an M796 for your first bike. Cracking bike :upyeah:

Can't comment on the dealer you mention but for me, service history is most important. If servicing is not 100% on the bike (especially being quite young like the M796) what else may have been scrimped and scraped on? There's a good few around so you can afford to be picky and be prepared to walk away!

Good look in your hunt and keep us updated with how you get on ;)

7. They bought a 999S off me for what I wanted for it - picked it up with no inspection or quibbles - then sold it for £1000 more than I was asking for 3 weeks in MCN. They were good to deal with for me. Try googling them for feedback?

8. fish and bloody chips :weary: !!! Thanks for the welcomes!

The bikes listed as having a full service history, 11,000 miles 2012. Bit vague like but what do i need to be looking out for?

9. Any chance you can post a link to the bike?

10. Hello & welcome

11. Its gone...... ill give them a call tomorrow but looks like its been sold, gone off the website and gone off auto trader.

No rush though I'm sure ill find one

12. Well priced good bikes will always sell fairly quickly but like I say, there are a good few around so no need to rush in to anything ;) New bikes coming to the market on a regular basis so a bit of patience and leg work watching the market and enquiring about any that fit the bill and I'm sure you'll bag the right one soon enough :)

Post links to any bikes you like on here with some details on it after you've spoken to the owner/dealer and I'm sure people will offer thoughts and advise for you ;)

Good luck in your hunt :)

13. Same from Hereford :)

Hello and welcome into the mad house

Red is the best first colour ;)

14. Spoke to them this morning and the bike is still for sale, apparently somebody put a deposit down then pulled out.
    The lad on the phone was quite helpful, sent some pics.

IMG_1922.JPG

15. Not sure how to upload multiple images

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

16. Ive popped into there once or twice, bikes seem decent enough and staff are friendly and helpful, never bought anything from them tho so cant comment on the aftersales aspect

17. Difficult to see much detail of the bike on my phone but looks tidy enough...

The dealer should be able to supply you with details of the service history which you can then compare with the recommended schedule from Ducati and also confirm it is full Ducati service history etc...

One other thing to note... The red ones are faster!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome, please join the map linked below.

Ducati Forum

19. It's got a red frame so should be....nippy :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hi again everyone,
    Went to see the bike and it was spot on but for some rusty bolts and fasteners, I think it had been ridden in the winter.
    Anyway..... maybe not going to go down to well on here but ended up stopping at York triumph on the way home and buying a 6 month old street triple, it's a lovely bike.... and the sound!
    It is red if that counts?!

IMG_1950.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information