1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 New Today

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by hic2wo, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Bought this today and its my first Ducati , pick up in a few weeks ,is there anything i should look out for or any must do modifications ! IMG_0976.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  2. I've got the sp. main thing to watch for is the coppers lol. They make you misbehave : )

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cool :cool:, welcome :upyeah:

4. Ace bikes. A huge amount of fun.

5. Change the pipe (thatll get you 3 points for that on there) change all the fixings for either stainless or Ti and re powder coat everything that ducati did as it'll fall off as soon as it starts raining.

Use the front caliper bolts as a corrosion guide....what ever they look like everything else under the bike will look worse....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. welcome, if u wish please join the map linked below.

7. Don't think that as you've bought a bike like that over .say a gsxr / zx10 type bike your license wil be safer because it wont !
    Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

8. Evotech for the tail tidy and rad guard(s)

Lovely, enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Exhaust. The most vital modification for any Ducati.

That'll be all.

10. Love it, really want one of these but don't have the space or excuse!

11. Well finally collected it and had a good run on it yesterday and all i can say is that it is awesome , I have never laughed so much on any bike . I took it to a favourite twisty road and i swear i was quicker than on my S1000r , well chuffed but nearly divorced in the process .

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I'd like to hear your thoughts over the Hyper over the S1000R.

That's what I currently have (S1000R) and I've been eyeing the hyper for a while.....can't quite decide........going for a couple of test rides soon.....

Just wondering did you get it from a shop in Edinburgh?? I know 2 wheels had one for sale......

13. I wouldnt say the hyper and the s1000r would be a direct comparison....i chose a z1000 over the s1000r when i test rode a couple of years ago...depends what he's doing with the hyper....!!

14. S1000R will have a huge amount more power than the hyper.

The S1000R has sports bike like power and gearing, the hyper isn't quite the same so I agree with comfy, not the same category of bikes.

15. Yeah I know they're not a direct comparison.....but I find the s1000R to be silly fast and that's what scares me.....I've had supemotors in the past but end up finding them to be too slow.....thinking hyper may be the goldilock of bikes for me!

16. Yep - speaking from from pretty well your standpoint @Street Triple im right where you are (kind of). Ive got my z1000 for day to day use, ive got 525 supermoto (hardly used), my hyper 1100 (yep - turns a 48 year old man into a 17 year old at the press of a button) and an rsv4 for the long distance stuff....

So, yeah - if you can take the risk from a licence point of view and use the hyper for day to day stuff yep - theyre fun alright...!

17. Well assuming you have a street triple too, the 939 is noticeably quicker than that.

I had a 2015 street triple 675 and my 939SP. The hyper was easily the quicker of the 2.

Definitely no ordinary super moto.

18. The hyper is a different kind of beast to my BMW and thats just what i wanted .I love my S1000R however i find myself struggling to use all the power to the point where i am considering trading it in for another Speed triple as i found my last one had more usable power and i was just as quick on it BUT after i had my Hyper on a 300 mile blast up north yesterday im now thinking about trading s1000r for a monster as i loved the power so much on the Hyper . It was an absolute hoot , even decent on the Motorway for 50 Mins . I dont think i have ever had so much fun on a bike for years , the power delivery is superb . Around the Oban to Glencoe roads my mates could not catch me in the twistys and they were on a variety of Sports bikes . Could i live with it as my only bike for everything i am not too sure however being a second bike i would definitely say go for it . I gave a few of my mates a blast on it yesterday and i had to prize them off it. Whilst writing this i realise how lucky i am to have 2 excellent bikes like these however my wife will testify this is also why we dont have any money to move house ! It sounds like i was in a similar predicament as yourself . It was the bike that was in 2 Wheels .

19. Yep me too.... I think the bikes that I have will keep me working from 65 instead to 70...!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information