1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Newbie 848 Owner, A Couple Of Q's

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Coffey, Mar 29, 2017.

1. So basically this with a standard size rear sprocket and a 14 front?

image.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Looks very similar, got Italia Moto to supply and fit whilst having the Desmo service done. Photo of mine below for you ;)

WP_20170326_11_30_45_Pro.jpg

Hope that helps :)

3. 14T front makes a huge difference. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Spot on mate, thank you!
    Any excuse for a photo! Lovely machine mate! I'm going up the walls waiting to pick it up! Fingers crossed for good weather a week today!!

5. I feel your pain playing the waiting game fella, nothing worse... If it's any conciliation, the wife is going through the same as you though. Her monster is getting delivered by Italia Moto on the 20th :) Even more painful for her though as even when it does arrive, she'll not be able to use it until she's passed her test :( Least she'll be able to tinker with it, polish it and play the pretending game whilst sat on it though :D

Everybody likes a good photo on here and I don't even need an excuse to post them :D

Forecast is looking promising up to now, broken cloud, 15 degrees and 5-10% chance of rain... Looks to be improving each day too :) Fancy meeting at Tesco Petrol Station for the ride up?

6. You have lost me now! I know sorry it's easy! Which Tesco, which ride? Lol!

7. Referring to your post in the 2017 Lincolnshire thread about being interested in joining us for a ride up to Squires cafe next Saturday to meet up with some of the Yorkshire members off here...

8. Thats what I thought, yes which Tesco mate? I'm stuck inbetween Louth and Skegness! Lol! That reminds me will look in the diary now! :thumbsup:

9. Updated the post on the 2017 Lincolnshire thread to include maps of meeting point mate. Scunthorpe Tesco Petrol Station. Easy to find if you head to Grimsby take the M180 it is just at the end of the M181... Great roads from there to Squires :)

10. Bike looks great @Ben Mallinson

Did you have the number boards painted on? Was it expensive?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Hi @Pavey,

Bought the number boards from cutgrafix in Australia (Brisbane) weren't cheap (about £120 inc delivery) but were the only people who supplied the shape I wanted with a gold pinstripe too.

Very happy with the quality and not too bad to fit either. Think they will last a good while too. I did think about getting them painted but decided against it at this point in time, may go that route when I want them re-doing though :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well ... I picked it up on Friday and rode back to Lincs from Newcastle! With a big smile on my face! Taking some getting used to being back on a bike to be fair after a few years off, no trouble with the clutch or anything mind! I do have one question though, what sort of cruising rpm are you sitting at? I think anything below 5k seems a little sluggish, although the engine sounds like its rattling its 'tits' off, again me probably not used to the v twin! Would be interested to hear your thoughts! I see what you say about the starting issue, taking a turn or 2 before it fires into life! I did buy from a Honda dealer, they have done the full 7,500 mile service for me including belt changing, and given me a 3 month warranty, so to be honest as a Ducati newbie wouldnt mind someone giving it the once over, or even a little test ride to see what they think? Any takers? Or is it best going somewhere like Italia Moto and getting them to give it the once over? Just to settle my mind before the warranty expires! Had a super busy weekend so didnt get out much, had to take the mrs out on it Sunday so i'm desperate to get some 'me' time in on it! Thanks in advance folks! Shit, that was a long post! :tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you haven't been across to Italia Moto before then its definately worth popping in to say hello and meet the lads. There a cracking bunch and I'm sure they wouldn't mind test riding it for you and giving you an honest opinion on anything that may require attention. Their attention to detail and customer service is second to none.

With regards to the rattle you refer to, I would guess it's all fine and just your ears not used to the Ducati V-Twin character yet ;) But if it would help put your mind at rest... I'm sure Italia will take a look for you.

I'm away this week else could have possibly helped you out with having a short ride on it for you to see if anything sounded untoward... Plenty of Lincolnshire folk on here though so maybe someone else can assist with this for you :)

Glad you got it back OK and your finding your feet with it, another couple of rides out and miles under your belt and Ducati will have you under their magical spell and you'll be hooked for life :D

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information