1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Newbie Curious About Ebay Rocker Arms

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Rodney W Gruber, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Hi, I'm new to the forum, new to Ducati motorcycles in general. I've been riding Harley Davidson motorcycles for many years but this summer the bug bit and now I've really become a big fan of Ducati motorcycles. I ended up buying three of them, the first is a 98' st2, the second a 13' Diavel and finally a 916. Im no expert on the subject but it seems to me that a real Ducati fanatic should own a 916, a 996, or a 998. These bikes are a work of art. My 916 was damaged during shipping and I'm fighting the shipper and the insurance company for compensation for the damages ( mostly the lower belly pans both sides and the upper fairing and windshield. In the mean time I intend to check and set the valve lash, change the belts and tune it up. I've noticed that there are full new rocker arm sets on ebay for about $120. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they any good or just cheap Chinese junk?

2. id fit genuine engine componants mate not worth the risk.

3. Welcome
    I would say complete junk, a link would be good, as genuine Ducati rockers are about £125 each and there are 16 in a full set your $120 is less than the cost of one.
    Steve

4. Are you sure your rocker arms are damadged?
    The early 916 did not have that much problemes with them.
    In the netherlands you can have them resurfaced,i think that cost 75€ a piece.

Henk!!!

5. Hi Rodney, not sure if you are in the UK but i can thoroughly recommend Newman Cams in Farnborough. They braze on a slither of stellite to the rocker faces and it's a very satisfactory solution which performs as well if not better than the chrome-faced originals (there were around 13 alternative approaches from memory). They are still doing a hundred odd per year and the cost is £37.50 plus VAT per unit. (no links with the company)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information