1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie To The Forum

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Choppo, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Hi everyone, well my 899 has gone back to the showroom and just got to wait 4 weeks to collect my new 1299 which I can't wait
    I have a list of things to buy and wondered if people could push me in the right direction, here goes!!! Rear paddock stand, tail tidy, and also been looking at a intercom Buhel D01 has anybody tried these out for rider pillion communication?

Cheers

2. 1299? Pillion? You're having a laugh Dave :D

Welcome btw :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome Chopper :Nailbiting:

:upyeah:

4. Ha hi guys, well the missis was ok on the back of the 899! She'll be fine on the new one!!!

5. Hi Choppo. I have the Evotech tail tidy. Couldn't say whether better or worse than others but I am pleased. Fits well and looks good. Not sure about pillion, but did plan to see if the wife wanted to have a short ride to the Piazza Italian festival in Horsham over Easter. All things Italian. Won't make a habit of it though!

6. Hi fella. Picture of Evotech tailtidy - hope it helps you decide.

IMG_0218.JPG

7. welcome, please join the map linked below

8. Hi Andy, the Evotech looks good The wife goes on the back of the 899 all the time, can't imagine the 1299 would be much different Just can't wait to get the bike now, and the good weather ☀️

9. Lot more torque with the bigger engine. I'd be seriously worried about losing her every time I opened the throttle...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome to the madhouse.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hello & welcome

• Like Like x 1
  12. You will love the 1299. I had a BMW 1000rr sport before getting mine, good bike but no soul. The Panigale is lovely. As you say, we just need some sun now. We have a trip to the South of France planned, can't wait for the fantastic empty roads and the incredible scenery. Bring it on!

13. I had an RR Sport too but exactly as you called it - was lacking soul. Plus I used it mainly for track and at times I actually felt that it was riding me around the track rather than the other way around - such is the quality of the electronics! I have let it go and now have pulled the trigger on a 959 as I want usable power on track and believe all the superbikes like the BMW, 1299 Pani, RSV4 and R1M are designed for the absolute top end of talent on track - ie NOT ME!

14. I wouldn't get on the back ( ok I know you weren't asking me too :D )

Welcome into the mad house and the proper colour too

15. I think all the bikes out perform the average rider like me, but hey, what can you do? Get out there and enjoy. I don't have a track bike, but have done a few track days and will be doing the California Superbike School at Brands in May. The week in France is the high point for me

16. Welcome - ive got an Interphone f5mc. Ive not had a lot of use with it (my mate has one as well and weve had a quick go with them linked up) it is a bit surreal but on the whole good. Stuff ive noticed so far...

Stuff i like...
    1. Build quality and ease of use. Easy to get the basics going but needs a bit more use to learn the rest of the functions
    2. Battery life...only had to charge it once so far but that depends on usage obviously...

Stuff i dont like...
    1. Base speaker package is crap - had to buy the upgraded pro speakers for it to sound good on music.
    2. Custom usb plugs. You only get one so had to buy a few (leave one at work, one at home and one in my bag i take everywhere)

Just a bit of an insight to another type as ive never had an intercom before....the only reason we bought them is cos when we go to the TT its a nightmare when you get split up/lost etc etc so this will help alot plus its pretty unobtrusive so is quite minimalistic...

17. Yeh I have thought about intercoms when going abroad, as you say getting split up etc but i just don't want to be talking to anyone when riding. I couldn't hear the sat nav voice above the bike anyway, but presume you don't find that a problem?

18. No.... You can cut the comms and listen to music if you want to.... At its most basic it's wireless headphones... I'm not a BMW gs rider with the boom mic shit.... Mines wired into my shoei x sprit 3...apart from the receiver you don't see anything...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

19. I am at CSS Brands but in April, did Level 1 last year and my tracking really improved..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information