1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Nice 999r For Someone

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Wsb27, Dec 30, 2016.

1. I only speak the truth as always :Angelic:
    2003 999R's have carbon seat units all grey swing arm bikes came with them :)

2. Do all have carbon fairings then Exe?

3. No 2005 & 2006 don't :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Cheers bud :upyeah:

So is the carbon one the one to have?

5. The Fila is the one to have as it won the WSB in those colours 2 years running and they only made 200 - the rarest of the 200 coming with the grey Swing Arm. A lot of purists would say the Grey Swing arm is the one to have - but those with later models have a different view of course. Usually with bikes generally as they get older, the launch model is the most sought after.

6. Says the bloke talking up the bikes that just happen to be in his collection :p ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bungs :Banghead: Bungs :Banghead: Bungs :Banghead: Bungs :Banghead:

8. I nearlty bought a FILA just before I bought my 1098R.

The bike was a minter and the bloke was gutted to be selling it. I dithered on calling him up and lost it, but it did lead me into buying the 1098R. So every cloud......

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh, I have just checked and you are correct :Wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. more bollox they do have carbon fairings

11. We were talking tail fairings - it is you that was wrong - yes all have carbon up front. You need to take each post in context of the thread :)

12. so you are now saying the 2004 has a carbon seat fairing

13. I'd feel less pain drilling holes in my head than in those beautiful carbon fairings!:Wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. No, you did? I didn't know so didn't comment as you had already verified this - I think you own one of these less desirable models so I believed you. Just didn't believe the other half of your tale :D

15. you must be mistaken with the model i have as it is the rarest produced throughout all the years . The 2006 999R was also the most powerful . But again you will probably know better .

Attached Files:

16. Yes I remember now you have mentioned this before but I didn't understand you then and still don't :) 05/06 were effectively the same bike but different model years. You are clutching at straws which, as you own one is understandable, but how is your rarest of all actually rarer than a 2003 Fila R using your distorted criteria: as most Fila's were sold as 2004 models from September 2003 onwards :)

17. They were different years starting with new plate numbers. The 2005 model started with 0001 as did the 2006 model 0001 . 2006 model was to homologate the ama racing bike in that year . so isn't the same .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information