1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Eurosport This Year...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Jan 26, 2017.

1. ..unless discovery and sky sort their act out! Seems 31 Jan there's s real risk D will pull their programs which of course includes Eurosport.

So soon could be not bike racing on Sky platform at all :rage:

2. I have EuroSport separate, it was only £4 per month on subscription :)

3. It's yet another £4. Plus subject to internet connection and recording is a pita. I like to record them catch up, whizzing thru all the boring bits (which in wsbk can be 90% of the race ;) ) so no good for me. And both bt and virgin need the highest packages to get it. No smiley.

4. Your next lesson:

These were your smiley options on this occasion :( :Sorry: :Arghh:

5. Or maybe I just chose to make a statement instead ;)

6. Just seen this when a banner ran across the top of a program I'd recorded. On top of BT announcing charging for sports!

7. Are they? That's irritating.

8. I'm gonna evaluate my Kodi channels over the next few weeks and if they give me what I want sporting wise then I'm going to sack off all the sports channels I subscribe to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just had an email from sky to say billing prices are rising in march .if I can't get eurosport I may well dump sky and use freeview.

10. Thinking the same. Only problem is we do watch a bit of Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic.

Although we watch too much TV. Maybe this is the catalyst to change that :upyeah:

11. :Facepalm:

:smileys:

12. El Toro please let me know if possible what is the best way on Kodi if you do it
    Thanks

13. No skin off my nose....i dont have sky, or internet at home so i have to rely on itv4 !

14. So this is British Eurosport 1 & 2 we'er talking about ? I wonder if ITV (4) will have the balls to step up and pay to show the races live instead of highlights. Eurosport have had their problems, can't remember how long ago MotoGP fell out with them and without a major (currently) European viewing audience for advertisers to reach, I hear the deathnell ringing. Will just have to go to more BSB rounds to watch it live. Now that's a real shame :D.

15. Its all Discovery channels, which own Eurosport or their rights I'm guessing.

16. A pan Europe tv channel owned and operated by the Discovery Channel according to Wikipedia. Sounds like greed to me with the likes of BT TV and Sky offering shit loads of subscribers' money for the golden sports and Discovery want some of the action. We all know who is going to lose :Arghh:. Andy

17. Sky statements says they have been 'overpaying for years' and are aligning the pricing

Discovery say 'being paid less than 10 years ago despite 30% of viewing share' on the Sky platform

18. are you guys saying that bt sport, that shows the gp will no longer be free to bt broad band subscribers?

19. Not a nice idea is it. I hope it's not the case......

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information