1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Well, another excellent day of progress, coffee and tabs at RCV4's magical welding emporium yesterday :)

First the seat supports and a lot more welding from the previous week tacking...

IMG_1627.JPG IMG_1628.JPG

2. Then the Swing Arm Pivot plates, each of which I made out of two separate pieces, formed and seam welded down the back edge of the inner radius. These took a bit of fettling but they are on now!

IMG_1635.JPG

3. Then the Coil Mounting brackets went on:

IMG_1640.JPG IMG_1641.JPG

4. The rear left Engine Mount was fabricated and welded - no photo, then the front headlight / oil cooler brackets were tacked the welded...

IMG_1644.JPG IMG_1645.JPG

5. Finishing off with the Rear single sided shock mount... that's all for now, re commencing in September :upyeah:

IMG_1650.JPG IMG_1651.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  6. Next hurdle is over :)
    Steel Swing Arm Pivot Inserts for welding in the frame and alloy adjusters, like Ducati 999 ones but with more adjustment - the double offset holes giving 4 positions each 10mm apart when reversed...

IMG_1737.JPG IMG_1738.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  7. meh....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  8. I don't like it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I don't like it.

10. Can I ask a very silly question. If you build a bike from scratch, do you just register it and get an MOT. Isn't there something about frame numbers and V5.

11. I don't like it.

12. Off set holes giving 4 positions :Bucktooth: I'm lost

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. having read the karma sutra, I'm pretty sure off set holes give more positions than 4...

14. Isn't it all just pictures?

15. No one going to answer my silly question thanks 'fella's'

16. is there more to reading than pictures?

17. No, there are means and ways of avoiding single vehicle type approval, not that it would matter much, it's all very secretive though :Bag:

:smileys:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ok, I will just google it :Bookworm:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. I don't like it.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. It's gonna be great!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information