1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Nrc Fender Eliminator

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nev, Jan 22, 2017.

1. A guy that was on a track day I did in the summer had one of these. Had to take it of because it decked out on the tyre even with a cut down plate on it.

Also not sure it's entirely legal and how you'd wire the indicators in from where it's located ...

2. Thanks Advikiz, figured clearance would be an issue :( Indicator unit goes in nice as one piece plug and play its a tidy job. Guess its an Evotech then..

3. The evotechs are a lovely piece of kit. I'd say widely considered the best ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Evotechs seem to be getting the best reviews, may make a hybrid of the two to get the integrated indicators

5. Guy I ride with has one, melts a number plate a week on average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Ive got one, it was simple and quick to fit, I do have a 7 x 5 plate which is the same size as the mount, no problems with melting plates for me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've had an R&G, Evotech, DP, and about to swap for the NRC one at the weekend. A chap has one locally on his 899 and only melts cheap numberplates. A decent numberplate shouldn't melt.

In order of preference for me:
    NRC - need do nothing for a trackday, and keeps the lovely tail lines.
    Evotech - very well made, looks good, and is very compact. Still a bit ugly on a trackday.
    DP - looks lovely, but the indicators are easy to knock out of it, and it should have been a bit shorter. Also stupidly expensive!
    R&G - GCSE technology project from the 90's. I wouldn't go near one!

10. I went with the evotech eventually, need a smaller plate now but definate improvement. Post a pic of the NRC installed may still go for one of it works for you.

20170126_193658.jpg

11. I'd imagine you'll need to remove the plate on a track day unless you're running an illegal plate...

A guy on the last day I did destroyed his plate as clearance simply wasn't enough when the shock is compressing

12. The only thing I find odd about that is on a smooth track your rear suspension should move less (often why you can stiffen it up). Always take my numberplate off for trackdays anyway. I'll be checking clearance and seeing if there are ways to improve it if there are any issues.

13. Depends on the track I guess..

14. Point being, very few tracks are rougher than our roads... ;)

15. I doubt you'll get the same compression from the rear end as you get at full chat coming out of paddock hill bend and up to druids ?

16. With suspension collapsed you have this much clearance from the supplied plate to the tyre. Which is probably just touching the standard hugger.... so you can't really go bigger than the mounting plate.
    IMG_4215.JPG
    (Just to add, that is with rear shock disconnected, and so that is absolute maximum travel that you'd probably never reach).

17. Out of interest though is that backing plate the size of a legal number plate?

I can only speak from experience, I saw a guy wear through one at brands

18. No. I think (I measured it last night, so going from memory) it was 7x5".

(I'll check tomorrow).

#19 Jolley, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I just checked. Plate is 7x4.5".

Do Not Sell My Personal Information