1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Joy ....

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Dave, May 19, 2015.

1. (latest spam from Ducati)

099ea0a6-7c51-4ff3-bdc1-1a04972b15d5.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. "Fools and their money"

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Each to their own, it's no different to those that shell out on carbon bits and bobs and then eat a burger to compensate for the few grams they've saved, or buy bizarrely coloured anodized tat for their bike . . .

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Is that ElT's age? :Wideyed:

5. I reckon it was just nutty nick's order confirmation...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. what the hell are the three carabiners for on a Scrambler ? ( top left). Making sure your credibility is securely strapped on?

7. For yer braces, there's 3 more bottom right, 2 to keep your socks up, 4 for your strides :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. But it is different to buying scrambler chelsea boots. If your gonna look a tool might as well go into it balls deep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Is the correct answer. Those in glass houses..........;)

10. I quite like the look of the hoodies.....shame they have 'Scrambler' written all over them really.

Its all part of the 'lifestyle affirmation experience' when purchasing the bike and becoming exponentially cooler as a result. I've posted it before but I'll photo whore again. Look how cool it made me look with just a couple of accessories!

Photo 07-03-2015 09 53 33.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. :cool:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Cooler than a penguin in the Antarctic ;)

13. Iiiiiiiiiiye thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I don't know about cool but if you buy enough you can convince yourself you look just like Steve McQueen.Most of the folks ive seen sitting on there new scramblers look like fat old men having a mid life crisis.Funny how we have fun slagging off the Harley crowd.

Im surprised ducati hasn't done a deal with Belstaff for jackets to get more money out of the new scrambler owners and then charged the ducati extra on top.What next tassled chaps for the diavel extras book.

Love the piss pot helmets.Just don't bin it or you will lose those McQueen looks sliding down the road on yer face and break your aviator sunglasses.;)

15. So if I read that right you're another proud owner-yep?

• Like Like x 1
  16. No not for me thanks.I think id prefer the Harley and that's saying something as I hate the bags of shit.

I wonder if they sell the full on image like ducati are.I can just see it now.Me on my Harley wearing the arnie terminator jacket and terminator glasses lmfao.

17. I'm not sure why Ducati have received such vitriol for their Scrambler campaign. It's not like we haven't seen it before; Harley have been doing this shizzle for years, BMW too, and the Triumph Bonneville accessory list is actually infinite. And I'm willing to bet there isn't a sportsbike or Mutley owner here who hasn't got a wardrobe full of Ducati-branded gear or a host of DP trinkets on their bike. Yet the Scrambler suffers more scorn than any of these. I wonder why?

No, actually I don't wonder why, I'll tell you why; like the Bonneville and the V7 Cafe Racer and the CB1100, and any other twee retro bolide being pumped out currently, they forgot to give it any horsepower:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  18. For the "real world" you don't need any more than 60bhp. fact.

The Scrambler has 75bhp.

;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Perhaps the older generation don't...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. That is also fact :(

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Don't think anyone wearing the odd bit of Scrambler garb looks any sillier than the pot bellied MotoGP replica leathered sports bike rider whose knee sliders have never been closer than a foot to the tarmac. Each to their own private fantasy :)

It's the Diavel I struggle with...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information