1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Ohlins Rear Shock Fitted

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Android853sp, Mar 17, 2017.

1. We had our first run out today since Carole's stock Sachs rear shock had been replaced with a shiny new Ohlins christmas present. The feedback is that it's made a huge difference, the whole bike now feels planted and you can push the bike into the bends without fear of being thrown into the hedge. Looks like my brownie points bank is in credit for a change :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi which model Ohlins did you fit?

3. DU110. Andy

4. hi can any one help me my diavel 2016 dark is wearing front tyre down on right side more than the left big time

5. Get it taken off & rebalanced. And also make sure the tyre tread is facing the correct way,...you could post an image @Seanbike

6. Avoid roundabouts ;)

7. tyre is on the right way . as for roundabouts its that far gone I would be stuck on it. the rear started to do it as well but has now evened up mileage is 4600

8. Andy, would that model fit my brothers 2011 diavel?

9. Yes but be prepared for a faff. We were warned that the Diavel swing arm bolt has a reputation for being a pig to remove so before committing to investing a big wad of cash, I asked the workshop to check that it was free to move when they had it in for a service. Actual job took best part of 5 hours and is not something I would choose to do myself. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Again Sean, start a new thread, you will get more responses that way, rather than constantly hijacking anything with the word Diavel on it

11. Thanks Andy, will pass it on, he likes spanners so if he goes ahead, will almost certainly fit it himself. :(

#11 Wayne58, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2017
  12. wayn I will do better than hijack . its not your site as you seem to think.so good buy to this snotty site

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 3
  13. Wow, that told me !!! Was trying to help you get it resolved, anyhoo, gutted your leaving, such a shame
    Good bye.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. @Wayne58 I thought the same as you, needed a new thread, Sean had started new random topics on at least 2 existing threads, you were only offering good advice.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Thanks mate, I thought he might have got more responses starting one on the actual subject, who opens a thread about shocks to answer a tyre question ?? Anyhoo, thanks again

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Andy, when you say you no longer feel like being thrown into the hedge, was it really that bad. I'm no track rider but I have never had that feeling. Both myself and a mate with Diavels were in Kais recently, and they were trying to flog us Ohlins shocks. TBH, I dont think I'm that good of a rider to be able to tell the difference, or set it up correctly. Are they really THAT different?? I would love to actually feel the difference, but I dont want to wack out £1k on a shock to get no benefit to me. Maybe they work better if you're a better rider, who knows.

Stuart

17. Hi Stuart, it is actually my girlfriend who rides the Diavel and yes, despite several months working with the OE Sachs unit to get the ride as good as I could for her, the not being thrown in the hedge was her reaction. The Sachs unit, if you are a small person (5'5" and about 9 stone) doesn't cope well with larger pot holes and you can get launched out of the seat. The Ohlins is recognised as a night and say solution but you are right, the investment is considerable and if you are happy with the stock, stick with it. If you would like to get a bit more aggressive with it (and people do track the Diavel) it's worth considering. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cheers Andy. I am a tad more portly than your good lady, well, a bit more than a tad actually, so maybe thats why it seems OK for me. I get that Ohlins is top drawer stuff, and maybe if and when I change bikes, I may look for one with the upgrade fitted. I cant see me doing a track day on the Diavel though. Too old now me thinks. I did one many years back on an Aprilia RS250 round Oulton Park, and that was fun though. Bigger nads back then though !!

Maybe if and when you come to shift your Diavel, perhaps let me know if you fancy taking it off and we'll see if we can sort a deal out. Not holding my breath though, it sounds as though its a good upgrade and will deffo help sell the bike when the time comes.

Stuart

19. The Diavel is her forever bike mate and if it hasn't gone bang by then, it'll be interred with her in her pyramid :). Andy

20. Haha, I know how she feels. I love mine.

Stuart

Do Not Sell My Personal Information