1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Ohlins Scu

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by NSR500, Jan 13, 2017.

1. So how do i tell if a unit is the actual ohlins SCU if there are no markings other than the Ohlins name on it? Any way other than plugging it in and see what it does?

2. The OE SCU has a label on it. Mine says CAN:31940 and has a part number 21730-01R3B. It also has a manufacturing date which if it's before the Ohlind aftermarket SCU was launched, that'll give you the biggest clue. Mine is 11-5-2011. Andy

3. The only label it has is a white label with 00004657, only other marking is the ohlins logo! Not sure if its the real deal or not

4. This the stock OE non active SCU label. Andy

IMG_0179.JPG

5. this is all thats on it

s-l1600 (1).jpg

6. where is your Ohlins logo ? On the OE it's on the large flat area but the installation instructions for the mechatronic unit show it on the vertical face of the back of the plug bit. Andy

7. The Ohlins Logo is there, is there a separate control unit or do you just use the bike menu?

Also posted pic of the pins do they all look ok?

s-l1600.jpg

$_12.jpg

8. Indistinguishable from the OE, mmmmm. Looks like the only way to tell is plug it in. The mechatronic unit offers 2 options, fully auto by setting to 1 or manually choosing a setting. Difference between OE and the mechatronic SCU is the mechatronic has more settings - a lot more. OE is 1, 4, 8, 12, 18, 22, 28 and 32. Mechatronic is 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, 18-32. Set up is exactly the same as OE. Andy

9. Is that the semi active unit then?

10. That's what the man says. No connection just saw it as I was scrolling through the newly listed Ducati stuff. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information