1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Oil Cooler Leak?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by slovenc, Dec 9, 2016.

1. hi!

During the season i noticed a small amount of oil coming from my bike, but it didnt leak all that much and oil levels were good, so i waited until it was winter time to take the fairings off. It looks like my oil cooler has a leak? Cant find any oil anywhere else on my bike. How can i pin point my leak? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hi,
    i think you shoud clean your radiator first :)
    maybe already overheated?
    is that rubber or sand in radiator?

P

3. See post #4 on the link
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/slight-oil-leak.38913/

• Like Like x 1
  4. its sand mixed with oil, tried cleaning it with brake cleaner, but its really stuck in there, will probably have to remove it, to really clean it properly.
    Thanks, will give it a try, if i can clean all of that oil from the radiator.

5. Clean it off until absolute spotless then sprinkle plenty of talcum powder over it and the oil leak will show up by discolouring the white powder when it starts to leak out.

6. Used a whole can of brake cleaner, then start the engine and immediately saw fresh oil, unfortunately its my cooler :( Can this thing be fixed? If not, does anyone have one for sale?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information