1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old School Capt. America/easy Rider Chopper

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by 749ducaticonvert, Mar 5, 2016.

1. JUST GOT THIS 1969/70 "Old School" Harley Davidson 1000cc Chopper in from California! Needs a total strip and rebuild restoration and my plan is to do it in the style of the Stars and Stripes chopper made so iconic through the Easy Rider film.Looks like a pretty big mission as you will see from the photos!!!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

2. And it should look along these lines apart from the upswept exhausts which ain't a bit of me! Probably go for short slash cut annoy the neighbours job? image.png

• Like Like x 3
  3. Getcha motor runnin........

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Bit of t-cut will sort that out. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Looks like the paint has fallen off the frame,
    Got some work there but result will be great and very period, don't forget the matching helmet :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good luck with it. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I had to scrape paint off frame to expose the frame number to get a Nova certificate otherwise it makes it impossible to register in U.K. And get an English log book? It will be fully shotblasted and powder coated or stove enamelled anyway

8. As long as that seat goes itll look sound.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. What colour frame you going for, you can get powder coating in a chrome finish and it looks pretty good to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice wheely bins

11. There's a guy in Leeds that rides a harley dressed as Capt America. I met him at the Distinguished Gentleman's ride last September

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Always wanted that bike after going to the cinema to see Easy Rider

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dont know about the aftermarket frame but the engine is 1972 XL1000. Good luck with the restoration, you'll need it, and yes I've rebuild a couple of similar Ironheads...

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Don't worry seat is going! Toyed with idea of a sprung cowboy seat like this:

image.png

15. Trouble is it will have to be a king n queen for easy rider look but goes without saying better attempt than the chesterfield attempt currently fitted

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yeah - I did that on a Tribsa chop I built - all depends on how frame comes out after a good blasting?

17. Yeah - ure spot on a'72 1000cc and it starts first time and rides! Got no brakes at the mo tho!

18. I value your opinion - do you think that I'm goin the right route with Capt America look? I'm not going for a replica - just that type of look

19. Hahaha - not mine! We have a posh low key wheelie bin area

Do Not Sell My Personal Information