1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One season ends; another begins

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Dovizioso have commenced testing for 2014 under the guidance of new Ducati Corse General Manager Luigi Dall'Igna.

Dovizioso is preparing for his second season in the team while British star Crutchlow replaces American Nicky Hayden, who will ride a new Production Honda for Aspar in the revised 'open' [privateer] class next year.

Claudio Domenicali, CEO of Ducati Motor Holding

“Today's race brings to an end a 2013 season that for Ducati has been particularly short on satisfaction. Tomorrow we'll begin with the first tests of the 2014 season, with a new structure headed by Luigi Dall'Igna, to whom I would like to give a warm welcome and offer best wishes, both on a personal level and on behalf of the entire company. “I would also like to take this opportunity to thank and say goodbye to Bernhard Gobmeier, who has managed Ducati Corse in the last ten months, and who today hands over the baton, so to speak, to Gigi,”
    “Big thanks also go to the teams and the riders, in particular to Nicky, who will leave his team and his garage this evening to tackle a new professional challenge, but who in these last few years has always been a proud ambassador for our brand throughout the world. “I give a warm welcome to Cal who will join Andrea on our team next year. Both riders will do their utmost to help us forget the disappointments we have suffered in the last few seasons.”

Hayden completed his final race on the Desmosedici in eighth position in Valencia, one place ahead of Dovizioso.

from Crash.net

Do Not Sell My Personal Information