1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Throttle Or Icon?

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by jimmy 43, Apr 5, 2016.

1. going to have a look at these tomorrow 2nd bike to chill on any real differences or are they just cosmetic? buy the one you like the look of cheers

2. Full Throttle was for me but choice was made because I liked the look of it, didn't want the wire wheels and it had termis(which I've since changed for the race termi anyway) they're so customisable you can pretty much make it yours whichever model you buy. Love the ride though

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Red icon for me mate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. yep if get icon would go red , just fancy a change from head down flat stick all the time, so do you get to pick tank trims etc or are they aftermarket just so ive got some idea thanks

5. Hey Jimmy I wrote about both of them on my site have a read. I liked the FT most for looks and riding position. Icon with termi definitely had more punch and pep to it.
    FT has homolgated road termi but feels a bit fluffy in comparison.

6. yes discos just read it seems a cracking little bike, gonna have look tomorrow down the local dealer does anyone know if they chip the prices on these , obviously will try ,

7. I don't really know much about the scrambler just know what i like the look of.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would definitely go for the Icon and stick some flat bars on it and get the race termi.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Yeah. The standard bars on the icon are gash... If your a 6fter your hands end up under your arm pits! Even the full throttle bars weren't low enough for me but they are MUCH better.

Otherwise it's just styling, the termi shot gun pipes on the full throttle aren't any louder really, if u want a decent noise get the non-homologated pipe.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. yes bars 120 list termi 890 list so seems to work out about the same as F/T

11. Yep, most only don't go for full throttle if they don't like the Matt black colour, I prefer it, like the seat on it but with all the prices going up £300 this year they are getting pricey. Deal to be done I think depends if they have a few kicking around.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I had the same thoughts,i wanted a bike in the garage that i could just just chuck on jeans and a jacket and go for a mellow ride,wanted a scrambler but went for a monster instead as i found it a better bike and suited me better and with the Termis sounds lovely,collecting next Friday

• Like Like x 1
  13. which monster did you go for I like the 821 stripe model,

14. Went for the 821 in red with termis,12 months old 1700 miles,same sort of costs as a scrambler,did not try the 1200 as it puts you back on a hooligan type bike, cheap to insure,I do like the scrambler I just thought the monster was more of a complete bike.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I had a 696 monster for a few days, MUCH preferred it to a scrambler and the 2 valve engines are really grunty

16. I am thinking about getting one of these soon,

I want the New Flat Track version, going to try and get a test ride one a scrambler soon to see what I think, will be a summer purchase, just need more space

17. It's just a waist of money though, just get the base Icon with flat bars and use one of the companies popping up all over the place to get some cheap parts to customise.

18. is it much of a job to change bars, with grips etc, had alook today ball park figures ,not much discount, they are much the same the flat track does look good, so do the rest tbh,

19. Ask dealer to throw them in and install them if you are buying new. Should be easy for them during PDI.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. £120 for bars. Sod that.
    M&P £20-£30

Do Not Sell My Personal Information