1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bike Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Rob, Jun 4, 2014.

1. My Multistrada wannabe, perfectly happy with my decision so far

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. £500 deposit,36 X £90 on a pcp.
    It would lose more than that in depreciation if it was paid for cash.
    This was an exceptional deal as a one off as I have put a lot of people the dealers way so he helped me out.
    For a brand new unregistered near £12k bike it was the best deal I could find.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Whats the crippling balloon payment at the end? or are you just going to hand it back??

4. Final payment is around £6500 so whatever I get over that goes towards the next bike.
    I think the bike would have depreciated as much over the three years even if it had been paid for outright.
    If kept the full three years it would have cost £3650
    Even if I got nothing back it seems a cheap rental for the monthly cost.

5. Yep - playing devils advocate (as I don't really know anything about pcp) youre not allowed to modify it unless you return it to stock before its given back? and, they don't like high mileage do they? so if it did high mileage do they do a "we buy any car" type trick and then try to mark it down on scratches and stuff?

6. If u say you will do 3k miles a year and do 6k they charge u a £x per mile figure which is a rip off, so u HAVE to be realistic. I tend to buy them saying I am doing 6k a year even though I do about 4K a year and then the bike should be worth more than the balloon. Otherwise the monthly payments come right down but the balloon still stays hi

7. Yeah - I thought there was a trade off...I think personally pcp is not really for me...

8. Home made Super-charged Triton spotted in Yeovil
    DSC00654.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  9. Here's my '89 Hawk NT 650. Almost completely stock except for the rear turn signals and rear shock.

hawk.jpg

10. Seen yesterday, not my cup of tea but appreciate the work gone into it.

DSC_0026.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Probably handle similar to the Lotus Elan + 2 I bought with a totally lunched engine and fitted with a Daimler Dart SP 250 V8 lump? Lightening quick but handled like the QE2

12. Went down to Rye, Sussex, to collect a 1972 Norton Commando 750 Fastback for a friend. it's nice but not concours, engine doesn't rattle, smoke, or leak, thus ideal.

20160810_120640.jpg

20160822_143410.jpg

a28 classic motorbikes

• Like Like x 6
  13. just got me one of these.... R1.jpg ...well, this one actually

• Like Like x 3
  14. Here's my Yamaha R1, BMW F650 GS and My GSXR600.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. A mate had one of these a looooong time ago. I always thought that they were great looking bikes

16. Spotted while on tour in Northern Spain and Portugal.

In a Hotel San Marcos in Santillana del Mar:
    [​IMG]

In the transport museum in Porto:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I didn't get a snap of the rear. Shame as it would have shown a contraption for laying tarmac.

17. Saw this on the Laverda owners club website (im a member/owner of a laverda also.

I bloody love it.

Laverda Special.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  18. image.jpeg Here's my workhorse on the Kielder Forest Drive the other weekend. Not pretty.......but gets the job done!

19. My sport 11

003.JPG

And a mates mk111 and another's sport
    025.JPG

#319 duc13, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  20. I see yours has the trapezoidal headlamp, I always thought that they looked a lot nicer than the fugly square ones installed to the US and UK models (at least initially), seem to remember the Dr John Daytona got the trapezoidal headlamp, which was later.

I'm refurbing Sig Magni's take on an 1100 Sport, getting there but still a ways to go

Here is a picture of it before strip, its actually prettier in the flesh that picture is not from the best of angles (but not a lot)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information