1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ouch! Result Of Shock Collapse?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bradders, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 17309481_10154626450212739_6007724212881871048_n.jpg Just seen this on FB, allegedly shook collapsed (which has been seen a few times now) at Almeria on 13th (hopefully no one form here, Belgian thread says) and it hit another rider and broke his shoulder...get this bolt reinforcement brackets people !! :fearscream:

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Why has this been allowed to continue without a recall and urgent fix - don't understand it :Wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Wasn't there one though on the affected products (early 1199)? Although this could be a track bike and if Belgian may be a different thing to UK for recalls.

4. Excuse the pun but this really is shocking behaviour from Ducati.
    They surely must do something about this defect* or quality issue* before somebody is killed.

EDIT:
    * Having thought about this, I agree that it is speculation only and the cause of the damage is unknown at this point. Until that is known, it is impossible to say where the fault lies.
    In the meantime, let's hope a swift conclusion is arrived at, whatever the cause.

#4 RickyX, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  5. There was a thread on here from a guy whose father had been killed due to an 1199 shock failure - think it went quiet due to legal reasons perhaps - but I can't understand how it is allowed to continue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Looking at the rear wheel, as I don't do farcebook. I'd suspect a rear end accident with the rim that badly dented inwards.

7. Believe the bike hit another rider so likely, at some speed (at looking at the pic) it was tumbling post initial incident

8. ouch!!!!

9. Was it actually a shock collapse Bradders, I saw the post as well and it looked like speculation from one of the posters? I thought it was the bolt on the cut triangle thing on the back end of the shock that had the recall on the (2012?) bikes as well?

10. Speculation Royal, although does look suspect in the pic and the shock is still attached one end.

11. I would have thought its impossible to finger point without knowing the history of that bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hopefully it's a different shock on the 1299....

13. The shocks are different, but pretty sure the mounting bolts are the same and its those that fail.

14. Fantastic news :disappointed:

Can you upgrade the bolts?

15. I think it was a dodgy batch that was failing in the ( 2012? ) bikes that they did a recall on?

• Like Like x 1
  16. I actually thought it was a 899 due to the colour of the wheels, not a 1199. So the shocks are in fact the same as well as the mounting bolts. But as David has mentioned above, I think the bikes with affected bolts were recalled so your 1299 should be ok.

17. My 2012 had a recall on the rear shock , I can't exactly remember what for exactly as it was too long ago, I'm sure a bolt of some description was replaced!!

18. Not good if you carry pillion!

19. As said, Ducati did a UK recall and replaced some bolts and there are aftermarket bits to bolt on and add strength.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information