1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paddock Stand Needed For Hypermotard 796

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by danwel, Jan 10, 2017.

1. I have a Hypermotard 796 and have noticed it has a slight leak on from both of the brake fluid reservoirs on the handlebars so gonna change the seals once i work out where to get the kit from?

Also gonna get a paddock stand, can anyone recommend which one to get for my bike as i'm away from the bike and not sure if i need a specific size spindle for it or even a universal? any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

2. The stand needs to be specific for the rear axle inner diameter.
    As far as I am aware, the 796 is the same as 748/916/848 so one like this would be suitable:

DUCATI 916 PADDOCK STAND | eBay

FG Gubellini are the best sort, they make them for DP...in my opinion.

3. Yeah that is the part i am unsure of as i am away from home. Need the star because when it is on the side stand i am liking fluid form both reservoirs on handle bars

4. It wasn't so much to do the job just to keep it upright during storage and stop fluid dripping out but that looks just the job. Will grab one.

Just needs the seals now for the reservoirs and it's game on

5. Just noticed about needing a rear one too so will grab one of those at same time

6. Slightly concerned regarding comments that you brake and clutch m/cyls are leaking fluid - why is that? Are the reservoirs over filled (which still shouldn't lead to leaks)?

7. Absolutely no idea. I was riding bike up to October and was fine.

Since October bike has been stood in garage on side stand a small that's all it has and I noticed both are leaking ever so slightly.

my guess us maybe over filled but thought as a precaution I'd change seals as I dare they won't be mega money ??

8. Geetech paddock stands are the dogs danglies. Check them out on Facebook!

9. Thanks will have a look at them on FB

10. Interested in the geetech under yoke stand, Any using one? Just like to know if these hold the bike rock solid compared to the standard front stand that locates under the forks??

Cheers Jack

Do Not Sell My Personal Information