1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Paddock Stand

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by andy_cambsuk, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Hi
    As a newbie do you have any recommendations for a paddock stand for my Multistrada that I got last week?
    Thanks

Andy

2. I've got an Abba stand, which I find easy and robust, there are a range of models and options.
    Motorcycle Equipment - Abba Stands, UK

(PS I have a set of the adaptors for a pre DVT model if anyone is interested in buying them)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Abba sky-lift ....the ultimate in show off kit. Shit that reminds me I was suppose months ago too nip down & show them my 1200enduro! Do'h

4. How much you wanting for them? I have a 2011, I take it they are for that year?

5. They are £30 a set new, how about £20 posted? Send m a PM if you want them.
    Yes these are for the 2011, I bought new adaptors for the DVT

6. I just use a pattern german paddock stand I got off ebay for about £60 , works just fine and the bike stays pretty stable whist its being washed and stuff.
    My drive is also on a slope so the abba stand wouldn't be suitable for me

7. Also wanting to buy a Paddock Stand- for ease of use- and have looked at the Ducati stand (£197ish) and the Harris stand-(£190).
    Just reluctant to spend that amount of money
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated

8. I think mine's a Biketek one. I actually got it from my Triumph dealer for about £60 when I had my Speed Triple R. When I got the Multi I just ordered a replacement spindle from the Duke dealer (about £25) and swapped it over.

9. Holy stale thread bump Batman!

I'm about to join the Abba Sky Lift fraternity. Have ordered adapters for both my DVT and my MT-10SP. I'm that it's going to save my back and re-energise my enthusiasm for having spotlessly clean swing-arm, wheels, brake callipers and exhaust downpipes. Knowing I'll find it easier to keep the dirtiest and least accessible parts clean then I might also treat my DVT and MT-10SP to bling chain and sprocket kits and polished carriers.

10. Abba Skylift turned up yesterday. Got it assembled and I've managed to get my Multi and my MT-10SP on it. Brilliant piece of kit. I need to order the hub spindle though as getting that strap around something appropriate is almost impossible on the Multistrada. To try it out I put it through the sprocket but it would be useless having it there for 90% of the work I might want to do with it. Don't know why they don't include the rear hub spindle with the adapter kit for the Multistrada.

11. They did with mine, over a year ago, but shouldn't have changed, how else are you supposed to use it !

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. That's a bloody good point. I ordered the adapter kit for the Multistrada and didn't give it another thought and just thought I'd have to go over the swingarm somehow, but then when you look at it there isn't anywhere that I can see that you can run that strap without damaging the chain guard or some other chain associated plastic guide.

They list the Ducati hub spindles separately from the adapter kits, but now that you mention it surely it should be part of the adapter kit. I mean, even if it does cost more because it literally requires more components to make it work efficiently then that's fine - whats irritating is that you then have to go back to them to order another part and then waste time waiting for it.

I think I might give them a call.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information