1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Paint Combinations

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Mattt, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Getting to the stage of cleaning and checking the body panels and wanted to check colour options
    Its a 96 916 biposto,with mono seat conversion
    The bikes red ,the seat is red with a white section on top seperated with a gold fine pinstripe
    The nose fairing is the same ,a white v going up to and past the mirror mounts ,seperated by a gold pinstripe,circular Ducati logo in the middle
    I will be repainting the front mudguard and oil cooler cover ,the nose cone is good enough to use but was it available for my model/year as im going for the completely stock look,except for the seat !,so might get that painted too
    Unless anyone has a really good original for sale
    Cheers
    Matt

2. Your bike would have originally looked like this.
    IMG_0184.JPG
    The scheme you describe would have been added by a previous owner. Converting to a monoposta is an ideal opportunity to take styling from the 916sp/sps. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Biposto models were all one colour,as said above the lardy dar sp/sps versions had the number boards.They do look good though.

4. well the fairing has cleaned up nicely so will keep that red and white
    Not seen one like it ,looks genuine plastic not sure about the paint
    Has a No 1 surrounded by a circular crest made up of a laurel of small leaves!
    The seat is going to need at least the white repainted,tempted to go for plain red as its going to be a pain to mask and do 2 tone with the gold pinstripes

5. The laurel wreath is cosher but now we need pictures, lots and lots of pictures ....... please. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information