1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale 1199 Or S1000rr

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by JUN, Feb 21, 2017.

1. All this talk of bit bland, great everyday sports bike etc is making me want to go and test rode one. May be a replacement for my multi. :)

2. It's pretty much exactly the reason I bought one @bradders; traded in my KTM Adventure 1190R which was supposed to be my keep long time practical commutor/touring bike. The BMW is much better at long distance at speed. You're not so lanky as me either so you will probably find them more comfortable on the knees.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The new KTM 1290 Adv S may be a game-changer for Multi replacements. It replaces the outgoing 1190 Adv standard model. Its basically an upright 1290 GT. No bigger physically than the 1190, better comfort, tweaked geometry to make it purely tarmac orientated in a way that the Superadventure and the Adv R aren't; a lower seat, better protection, keyless ignition, and a lot more power. Looks like they're taking on the Multi head on. Not sure I could live with a pure sports bike like an S1000 or a Panigale of any flavour as a sports tourer.
    The new KTM headlight looks like a baboon's arse but you can't see it when you're riding and if you can actually see where you're going at night I could live with it.

4. If I was you, I would take both out for a short ride and then decide.
    In my opinion the BMW is the most comfortable and easy to ride superbike on the market. ("old" Fireblade aside)
    If Ducati a must I will definitely "stretch" for a 1299.

Still love my R1 :)

5. BMW S1000RR = teutonic,efficiency, practicality, speed.
    Panigale 1299 = character, soul, bravissimo, speed.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information