1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Panigale Billet Fluid Reservoirs

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dave Fitz, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Does anyone know where I can find the fitting instructions for the Ducati Performance Billet fluid reservoirs. The sheet that arrived is pathetic, the text cant be read it is so small and the diagrams are illegible - a pdf file would be useful then I could enlarge the English language section

2. I've been looking for this myself. Can't find anything. The only thing I found was a video on Youtube of a guy fitting Rizoma reservoirs. Presumably the process will be pretty similar. I'd be worried about getting air bubbles into the system and the problems that would cause. Might just get my garage to fit them at the next service.

3. No problems, I found the data sheet and have attached a copy. As a pdf file I can enlarge it print it etc

Attached Files:

4. As long as you don't pump the lever while the reservoir is removed you shouldn't get air in the line

5. Take a picture of the instructions & you can enlarge on your phone....that's what I did

6. I'm in a similar situation.

I just purchased the Rizoma reservoirs for my 899 & was also advised to buy 2x bracket kits (pictured below) which I done.

The only problem I now have is I have no idea where the bracket attaches to. I know it will likely be somewhere glaringly obvious but any help would be appreciated - Pictures would help massively :)

upload_2017-2-26_17-19-8.png

7. The brackets fit into the ends of your handlebar tubes. Just remove the OEM blanking plugs and once you insert them, tighten the allen key which causes the collet to expand the rubber collar and grip the inside of the tube.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks mate. I'll get another look tomorrow. I didnt want to open the packaging until I was sure it was the correct brackets.

9. Thanks Topolino, got there eventually! Worth every penny!

IMG_3408.JPG

10. How much if you don't mind?
    Think they look superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. It worked out around £200. The brackets were £35 each alone! Expensive... but looks the part.

12. Money well spent chap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Your welcome. Had fitted them to my 1199 and about to fit them on the 1299. One word of caution. Do NOT use the brake tubing that Rizoma supply with the reservoirs. It's been well documented to leak. Use either OEM brembo stuff or buy some Tygon clear tubing. Also check the pipe unions in the base of each reservoir are a snug fit as they can weep where they pass through the rubber grommet and allow a fine mist of fluid to escape if not seated properly. It's not something you'd notice sadly until there is an airflow. If they are bone dry after the first ride you are good to go. It's not a fault per say with Rizoma it's more that the rubber grommet that you insert the unions through is a very hard compound and the unions must be dead square when you insert them to ensure no leaks. I found out the hard way. Luckily before any fluid reached any paintwork.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ahhhh... I used the Rizoma tubing on the clutch side as the OEM was too short! I'll go online and order new brembo hosing to be on the safe side. Thanks the advice!

15. A cheaper option is to order the brake hose for a Monster. Part number: 87711501A which is £4.36 and cut it to length. I tried ordering two rear brake rubber pipes for the Panigale rear master cylinder with a view to cutting them to length for the front reservoirs (as my Tygon tubing was partially discoloured after two years) but Ducati said they wanted £15 for each one (they are only about 8 inches long!). The Monster option is 80cm long. More than enough for what you need. Hope this helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. This is what I love about the forum! :)

You clearly know your stuff! Thanks again.

17. No probs. I do think perhaps the factory have made an error and I may have got lucky with the tubing, as it's ridiculously long and even if it is the right part number there is no way it needs to be more than six inches long for the 1100EVO. Might be worth capitalising on their mistake, before they realise they are bagging the wrong length of tubing under the right part number....Regards....Topo

Do Not Sell My Personal Information