1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale In An 851 Suit.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Pierre 66, Apr 25, 2017.

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. Don't disagree about the looks but if I had the choice it'd be the 851. Andy

2. Thread moved

3. I much prefer the chunky earlier seat unit to the later version - thank you - my new desktop pic :upyeah:

4. if I had the choice it'd be the 851

+1!

#5 AndrewS, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  5. Looks a bit like the rc 30 with the sssa.

6. Like that very much

7. Wow... now that is art.. That's going on my bedroom wall with Olivia Newton John, Farah Fawcett Majors and the West Ham team from 1972...

8. Didn't someone on here do this to a Desmosedici or was it a Superleggera or another modern bike?

9. It's a great way to totally ruin a beautiful 1199 Superleggera !! :Yuck:

#10 Wayne58, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  10. 1199 maybe ?? :tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. *sigh*

Leave the bike alone, it's already art.

12. Edit.. Sorted.. Typo :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yep I think a desmo and it to was stunning.

14. Absolutely stunning, thanks for posting that, thinking that could be a future project!

15. At least the deeper seat panels hide the ugly Pani exhaust.....I think I'm the only person who doesn't like the way it curls round like a dog turd.

I also don't think it's better looking than a standard white frame 851, but I am completely biased. Maybe fitting Pani forks/swingarm/wheels to an 851 might be nearer the mark? There's been a few 1098/1198 conversions on 916s now, it'd be great to see one done on an 851/888.

16. What a fugly bike.

A better tribute was built by Kope.

bloodline%201_900.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Had seen that thread before, but hopefully it was of interest to others. Whilst gorgeous that bike is more standard looking. I was thinking that the original post idea was to modernise more than just the engine. If you took this bike added modern forks with radial brakes, decent swingarm (Aprilia seem to make the best looking swingarms), lightweight wheels etc. then that'd be something to rival/better the photoshop picture above.

18. I haven't, where is it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information