1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pantah Rebuild Slow Process

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Rod, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Slowly rebuilding a 500 Pantah front from frame up , trying to replace what I cam with nos pieces .

2. hello and welcome dude. Get some pics up, everyone likes a rebuild thread with lots of pics!

3. Once I figure out how will put a few up , threw the original wiring harness in the parts bucket and made my own with a couple of relays ( 1 ignition and 1 power ) , using paso switch gear don't like the original.

4. when replying you should see an upload a file box, click that and it should give you options of where to pull pic from. It's very easy as even I can do it and im a numpty

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. You can just drag and drop pitures if you are on a computer - welcome :upyeah:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. Will have to take a few photos with the iPad and put them up

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome Dave

8. IMG_2579.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  9. Thanks Dave

• Like Like x 1
  10. IMG_2542.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. The hard thing for most of it so far was getting 30 years of dirt of everything to start with , as i said above have rewired the whole electrical harness as the one i have has been butchered a lot the rear section was torn and solder mess
    the front section had a relay spliced into it for the coils . So as an electrician and one who has done the auto electrical trade course , decided to see what i could do to improve the original , starting with the way the earthing is done on the bike and going from there . below photo is to the rear lights - earth , brake , parkers , left and right blinkers

IMG_2548.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. welcome, join the map below!

13. :mad::mad::mad:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  14. is this like the matrix?
    don't try to bend the map, just remember, there is no map

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. MAP: Ducati Forum

16. im on the map. It just gunz always says join map below and on my ph. There is no link to this map and it pisses me off. That's all

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  17. you need to get laid more.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. The link worked for me.

19. So got hold of another piece of the puzzle , a gearbox , looks good in ist housing , just having trouble with the selector thought , no problem moving it between 1st , neutral , 2nd but after that it is not interested in moving to third doesn't appear to have enough travel any ideas or could it be just worn . have replaced the springs in selector have tried moving it about , may have to get another and see if the problem still exists , does anyone know if they are all the same .

IMG_2938.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information