1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Pecking Order

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Rapide, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Can someone knowledgeable explain the pecking order of 1198s; and 848s?

I bought my 848 viewing the Corse SE as a bit of a run out special. Fancy paint, shock, and some goodies to help sell 848s as the 899 didn't exist yet. I love the bike but wouldn't/ didn't pay much of a premium for one over a standard Evo.

Is it the same with the 1198s Corse SE? As examples such as the below seem very expensive?

Used Ducati 1198 S For Sale at M&S MOTORCYCLES | Secondhand bikes | Newcastle & North East & Northumberland

2. Wow - that's R money :Wideyed:

3. Nice bike, I was looking at it the other day. But yeah, give me an R any day.

4. If these start to fetch this money your R will be £20k+ in no time :Facepalm:

5. Think they are far rarer than the R, if that helps answer why so expensive. Like maybe handful of UK examples. R by comparison is abundant in number :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. To me, it's a 1098S in nice clothes and is undoubtedly worth more than a normal 1198S, but the Tricolore demands a premium too.

Personally, I'd rather have an R. Just personal preference.

Maybe I should just leave it in the dealers if he can get me £20k for it. :) I'll have to get it dropped back off this week, the R shaped hole in the garage doesn't look right. :(

7. See what you mean.

R Door.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I remember when the SE's came out Duc Leeds had a couple in, there were 2 different models one was an S not sure whether the other was an SP or an R. The SP (or R) version was littered with carbon fibre panels a full 70 slash cut system larger ali tank and was quite a bit more £'s than the S, the S had the paint job, larger ali tank and slash cut slip ons (so just like the one in the advert) other than that I don't think it was any more special than a standard S.

9. SP is wat I was referring to :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blimey that seems steep

11. They are all overpriced IMHO :)

12. Agree, overpriced but ultimately pushing the market higher for rarer Ducati's :Angelic:

13. Only if the gullible pay it ;)

14. They seem to :Wideyed:

15. Thanks all. My original hunch confirmed I.e 1198 Corse has even less distinction from other models than the 848 variant (as it's not only 1198 model with traction control/ QS).

Hierarchy from the above*:
    R
    SP
    Tricolore
    Corse SE
    S

*Other opinions are available

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Tric was a 1098 :)

17. Ah, thanks. That makes a lot of sense :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information