1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pete (rock Jock) Tribute Ride.

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by its me, May 16, 2015.

1. Unfortunately I was unable to attend Pete’s (Rock jock’s) funeral back in December. Those of you that met Pete will remember a jovial character with a zest for life and all it brings. I know we all enjoyed his days out, his banter and his huge presence.
    A few of us plan to ride one of Pete’s legendary routes, east or west (weather permitting) dedicating the day to remember Pete.
    The chosen date will be Sunday 28th June.
    Preferred route will be through North Yorkshire, Hartside and over to the lake district. However if the weathers crap then we’ll be heading over to Sandsend near Whitby.
    Meeting locations will probably be:
    North Yorkshire ride
    · Leeds (The shell garage at Poole bank bridge)
    · Petes shop :)
    · Ripon (Mcdonalds)
    · Leyburn
    If the weathers better East then the pick ups will be the same as above missing out Leyburn. Obviously feel free if you want to add a collection point on route.
    Pete.jpg
    If you’re interested, post and let me know or pm me for my mobile to discuss in further detail.

Errol

• Like Like x 2
  2. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. As you know Errol I'll be coming :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I know that this is a wonderful thing that you are doing here. I hope those that are going have a brilliant day, with new memories to add to those they have of Pete.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hi
    I will be there
    Paul

• Like Like x 1
  6. @antonye one for the DSC to join? I know he had lots of friends there

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks Bradders, I'll copy the post over to the DSC. Not sure it will make the next issue of the mag but will try and put it in if we can.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks .
    It's also posted on the up north forum.

9. Bump!!

if you never knew 'Rock jock' but would like to meet and ride with a few of us northerners, please feel free to come along.

10. Weather forecast for this Sunday is poor. Fingers crossed it may change but it's looking as though the ride date will be have to be changed.
    I will update Friday one way or the other.

Errol.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Weather's looking better.4 of us are meeting at Sherburn 2pm.heading east. If you fancy coming I'll be on the 999 xerox rep.

Errol.

12. Well, then there was 3 RichyC, Toby tyke and me.;-)
    Sun came out managed Helmsley, Yorkshire TT, Thirsk, Ripon and Harrogate. Thoughts were with Pete(Rock jock) and a few waves at his usual meeting places and were he lived.

Will still try again to arrange a proper gathering.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. I only saw this thread this morning Errol and couldn't make it as I had stuff planned.

Hope to see another ride out soon. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hope the weather's better next time.:)

15. :D It was bloody rosting man, aye t'was a good trundle Pete would have enjoyed it (although he'd probably have wanted to do a lap of the lake district while we were at it !) Final parts lost seem to be the 2 seat bolts & 3 teeth off the back sprocket :Wideyed: although I also seemed to have gained a short M8 which is wedged 'tween motor & swingarm :Arghh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Do you guys ride through a ScrewFix warehouse on your ride-outs? :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. That would be one of my wrong turnings. Doh:)
    Clive, I will cu Friday at your shop with the chain tool.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information