1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Picking It Up Wednesday

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Cormark, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Picking up my Xdiavel Wednesday can't wait, just hoping for decent weather for the journey home!
    It's a 400mile ex demo bike so hopefully it's not been to abused any tips on things to check for on pick up! ohh and does the pillion back rest come as standard !

• Like Like x 3
  2. Enjoy, pop an image up or two.

3. There are a small number of recalls. At least:

Rear wheel (spacers to prevent incorrect mounting of the rear wheel)
    Front sprocket bolt
    Sidestand bolt(s)

The back rest is standard when purchased new.
    Perhaps enquire as to the extended warranty.
    The Termis improve the sound considerably.
    I found the keyless ignition a pain in the arris when filling up so purchased the RSD keyless cap.
    I bought the evotech radiator guards since the radiators appear to pick up a lot of road dirt etc.

It's a nice bike. I've only ever owned big sportsbikes until the xdiavel but I enjoy riding it. I initially rode mine away switching between fits of laughter and wondering what on earth I had done.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not ridden the XDiavel, but the standard Diavel is quite sensitive to tyre pressures. Make sure they are set correctly & be prepared to tweak the rear preload according to your weight & preference.

Make sure the key is safely stowed in your pocket when you set off. The bike is 'keyless', but you don't want to lose the key whilst riding. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you peeps good info as allways
    What about the weather lol ......asking to much now

6. You will love it. Well maybe not the weather ☃️

The bike is laugh out loud funny. I'm still confused by mine, I don't know whether to ride it fast or slow!!

Enjoy

7. Enjoy! I think you've got all the advice above!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well I picked it up today 80mile ride home in just over freezing conditions (xdiavel has a ice on road warning light on the dash...who knew lol) great ride after I had stopped to adjust gear leaver so I could get my foot under it ! well pleased not that I could give it any welly! sorry no pictures think it's going to take me a few days to thaw out !
    It's just clicked over the 622 mile Mark so needs it's first service any idea on what I should be expecting to pay !

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not sure about the cost for the XD, but the first service on my Monster 1200R was just over £140

• Like Like x 1
  10. From the service section of the Ducati Glasgow web site:

New Model Servicing Plans - Ducati Servicing - Ducati Bikes Glasgow

Compulsory: Carried out on all new vehicles at 650 miles or 6 months
    £73.82 (£82.51 for Panigale) inc 20% VAT (parts only, labour is free of charge*)
    *Only applicable when your new vehicle is purchased from us. Vehicles purchased elsewhere do not qualify for this offer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yep that's kind of why I'm asking I didn't buy the bike from my local ducati dealer so slightly worried they will up the cost because of that !

12. £165 for a first service ...basically an oil and filter change and a quick look over wow
    I run a garage and I would feel ashamed to charge that for a interim service on a car

Do Not Sell My Personal Information