1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics Of The New Bike

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Saalagora, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Picture of the new addition. Has been serviced and I had springs replaced to make it a bit softer on the road. Leaving it with standard wheels at the moment. UK bike. Assuming it goes to plan it will be delivered tomorrow.

Sorry no custard or wheelie bin involved!

Someone on here sent me a PM warning me of posting pictures unless they were cleaned of identifying data (as criminals could find location). Is that true?

IMG_1226.JPG

• Like Like x 15
  2. Beautiful bike! You can get paranoid but better to be safe than sorry, photo's can get reposted and if your location identifiable, then who knows if some scrote wouldn't "have a go"

3. Incoming trouser accident !!

Lovely!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wow, what a stunner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Looks lovely

6. ..............and RED :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Which number have you got there @Saalagora ?

8. The only colour ;)

9. very nice. Pays to cover ya number plate when riding too, lessens the risk of it being cloned

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Yes, something I've recently considered. Make sure your iPhone etc are not putting the gps lat/longitude in your picture meta data, or take the pictures anywhere except at home (so at the dealer for example) then u should be okay

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Looks like every other Desmo :cool:

Real nice :upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I thought all iPhones did this, as when I check a picture album it shows me where I took them.

13. Lovely bike, enjoy it!

In answer to your question about pictures, digital images have the ability to store meta data inside them; that is to say that they can contain more information and not just the picture itself. This data is called EXIF.

EXIF (see Exif - Wikipedia) data can be things like the date and time the picture was taken, some hardware details (camera model, serial number, lens type, shutter settings, etc) and it can also have GPS info where this is available, for example from an iPhone. This is all useful stuff as it can help you identify your pictures, and you can put all your pictures onto a map, using the GPS info, to see where they were taken. The down side of this is to subvert this information for the wrong purposes, such as being able to get a rough location on (eg a street) where a bike was photographed, and then use the picture itself to pinpoint where that bike is, such as in a shed or garage.

Luckily your picture contains no GPS information!

You can check any picture online through the many hundreds of websites that will allow you to upload an image, or point it at an online image. Just google for "exif online". Some of these sites will allow you to save a "clean" version which removes some/all the exif information as required.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Very nice too, but at only 350 cc think you might find it a tad under powered!

15. That's exactly my point... make sure you turn it off else it does it by default

16. Most popular websites don't upload the location metadata these days without at least asking you so not really an issue here. The warning is about having number plates in your picture because it's fairly easy to find an address from a number plate.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. I was wondering, I was about to delete all pics of bikes.

I never show number plates. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. absolutely stunning, good luck with it

19. Bugger. Not going to be delivered tomorrow :-(

Turned out that the Tracker unit it came with is dead. Having to fit a Road Angel unit (otherwise insurance won't cover theft - which is a bit of a problem!)

New ETA middle of next week. Going to start praying to the weather Gods now for this unseasonably warm weather to continue at least another week!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information