1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Pratz, Jan 12, 2017.

1. fyi

Diablo rosso 3 in 180/60zr17 size available since this month! Good news for M821, 899 and 959 owners!

Regards

• Like Like x 2
  2. Just fitted to rear of my 899. Let's see how it lasts.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Report back then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Also interested in any longevity feedback on these compared to Metzler m7rr..

5. Longevity and behaviour feedback are nice to know , i fitted a DR3 in front and diference is nigth to day regarding DR2

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

6. I ran a pair of these on my s1000rr last summer. They survived a trip to Spain picos,Pyrenees south france in 35 c heat via santander. When i got back i was worried they wouldn't last another trip but managed to get to the black forest and down to the Switzerland boarder and back via chunnel. In all they covered 4500 miles although they never saw any track action they had plenty stick with a loaded up bike and a svelte 15.7st rider with a genuine 191bhp at the rear wheel. They never caused any dramas in the heat or wet. I ran a set of the metzeler m7rr the year before they were also very good.

7. Sounds like 3000miles on the 1290GT is more than okay. May well fit them for this years trip.
    :thumbsup:

8. 4500 miles from a rear tyre on a litre sports bike.. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thats why I trimmed it down to 3k! lol.
    Only used to get 5-5.5k out Pilot road 2cts on various litre bikes. They were probably the ultimate sport/tour/miles tyre. never liked the 3s or 4s tbh.
    Cant remember which Pirelli I had on my S1r, the back was bald after 1200miles. Stuck like sticky things but it was nearly time for new tyres after riding around the block from the tyre fitters a few times. Went to M7rr and sold the bike before worn out, so never got a definite of what I could get out of them.

10. New rear DR3 180/60 , first 200 km , warms quickly, its rounder so must get used to fall easier on corners, will see milleage and wet behaviour . But so far a lot better than DR2...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

11. Brilliant tyres, 180/60 my favourite profile for quick direction changes, good for fast group track days and road use, they wear excellently and work fine with tyre warmers.
    Best value trackday-capable tyre i know of.

12. DR3. So far 300 miles all country roads scratching, can't tell the difference from DRC, however convinced it will last longer as it still looks new new, if that makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. You can't lean em as far as DRC

14. I had a pair fitted to my 848 on saturday, I've covered about 100 miles on them so far and first impressions are very good. I've scrubbed shoulder on the rear already and the bike feels just as good as it felt on the Diablo supercorsa's, granted I haven't pushed my luck too far yet!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information