1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portimao No Limits 16/09/16

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Nelson, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Only about 5 weeks now :) Anyone else heading over?
    Any advice re track/location/facilities/places to eat/coke/hookers?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. I need to do Potimao, hopefully next year !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Learn where it goes before you go. It's technical and blind everywhere.

2'10 is an ok time. Enjoy!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Coke and hookers just outside the door of the hotel. Circuit is awsome, watch the left hairpin by the medical centre, if you do get it wrong theres plenty of run off though. The final rights onto the start finish straight are my favourite corners.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes on the gas pretty much all the way from the tighter right. Bumpy tho.

Think I may have a how to video somewhere, there are some on YouTube and motovudu

6. How to vid would be great. Watched the Leon Haslam one, just made it look even more crazy fucking bat shit! :Bag:

7. I came round there on my Gixxer 1000 feeling like a superstar only to have Phil Crow come past me on the outside then go down the right hand pit wall about a ft away from the wall, fuck me he can ride.

8. Can't find it right now but this is a decent onboard

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Take some wets, weather is notoriously fickle, had four days in May all wet, in fact it rained every day for the week we were there, hailstones at one point on the last evening, and only 12 degrees C. I would love to go back there as I really like the track, even if it has got a lot bumpier since I was last there in 2009, wet then as well.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I'll be going and there is another lad from here sam1199s is going as well. Tagged a few more days on to round it up to a week so the Mrs and little one can have a break as well.

Really looking forward to as its my first European trackday :) Just gotta get my oil leak from the rocker cover sorted before i go! and get some wets!

11. No wets required :upyeah:

12. Sorry i meant speedo's :tonguewink:

13. I didn't read the title properly, i'm going in October not September! Have a good trip!

14. I'm going back in October, last corner can be tricky in the afternoons when the wind gets up

15. I'll be there in September, fantastic track went last April, fairly easy to learn, as said turn 5 hairpin can catch you out, some blind crests but nowhere near as intimidating as those at Almeria. Managed sub 2.10 on my trusty RSV last time, so hope to be a bit quicker on the 1198.
    Hotel Jupiter is right on the strip, plenty of bars and restaurants nearby, track is about 20 minutes away. Looking forward to it and you won't need wets :sunglasses:.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hi trying to get in touch see if you still got pannier lids for sale give us a text if u have 07703580231 cheers keith

17. Whole bunch of us tagged in with you and @Sam1199S in October with Pacedayz. Myself, @MissPineapple , two others on a 1098 and a GSXR1000.

18. Brilliant! Should be a good trip, take it all you're all in the fast group?

19. No, just me and Sam in fast group, the rest are in Novice although possibly some are candidates for moving to inters.

20. NL Euro trips are usually nov/inters, fast, ubber fast with ACU mixed in.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information