1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Potential Iphone Charger Cable Option

Discussion in 'Monster' started by hugepiece, Dec 13, 2016.

1. You also need the Ultimate Addons box to step the voltage down to 5v otherwise you will be putting 12v into your iPhone!

2. I've done a couple of multi 1200 phone charger setups. Not only my own but a couple of local forum members. You local?

I've used this myself and recommended it to other forum members who have used it. Easy to wire up to the accessory wires Ducati give you. USB too so plug in whatever you like from phones to action cams or proper sat nav chargers.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Great thanks for that, that is the route in ended up thinking myself in the end, just need to get hold of the correct connector to keep the DIN for other things in the future and make it removable if needed

4. Which year do you have?

No need to mess with the DIN as Ducati give you a cable with nothing on except a blank connector, ready for you to solder straight to it for 12v supply. You can just solder straight on and if you want to disconnect it you just unplug the connector. It's switched power too so no worry about battery drain.

5. Think this is a monster, so may be different set up.

6. Monster has it too. It's meant for heated grips but is there on the LH side by the tank.

7. I've got this on my 1200, and it's absolutely ideal. There is even a convenient little cut-out in the airbox for the device to attach to, and the USB outlets sit neatly under the rubber ignition shroud.

You just need to order one of these to plug in to the socket on the bike:

JST Japanese Sumitomo 2 way Connector (Female) | eBay

Nik

8. I ended up buying one of this Sumitomo connector plugs off ebay, and connecting this to my USB outlet (12v to 5v off ebay also for about £5... which I then took across frame via a short lead and mounted on the right side trellis frame). I dont use that often so was a perfect place to take a coiled lead up to the satnav should I need it. All plug and play stuff and easily dis-connected.
    Still cant figure out why ducati used a Sumitomo type connection tho, but nice there was this switched feed available.

Pic here: http://ducatiforum.co.uk/attachments/img_6536-jpg.81064/

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information