1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Power Outlet For Phone/satnav

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by MotoNik, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Hi Folks,

I'm due to borrow a Diavel for a trip in a few weeks time, and just wondering if it has any power outlets? I'd like to be able to power a satnav and charge my phone on the move. Assuming it doesn't have any sockets as standard, how easy is it to access the battery? It appears as though it's located in the bellypan thing behind the oil cooler - I'd ideally want to wire in a 12V cigarette lighter socket direct to the battery.

Thanks in advance for any tips or guidance!

Nik

2. My Gen 1 has an outlet under the seat, I guess the 2s and 3s have the same, not sure about the X.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Cool, thanks Mike. Is it a Hella/BMW type? Same as I had on my Multistrada I guess.

4. err.... don't know, its a male plug like a small version of the standard 12v plug that fits the outlet in cars, I think its to power heated clothing. My bike came with a converter to the standard 12v size so you can plug in just about anything you want. There is not much space under the seat of the Gen 1, 2 & 3, I run a line to the pannies/top box and the charge up stuff there. My sat nav is powered from a spare socket near the headlight but I can't be sure as I've never looked.

Battery is in the belly Pan, easy ish to get to and run power lines to whereever you want.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thank you Mike, you've been really helpful. Really appreciated!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information