1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pramac Struggle In The Rain, Despite A Great Start For Iannone

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Oct 1, 2014.

1. An expensive weekend

After Assen and Sachsenring the race at Aragon was characterized by the rain and absolute uncertainty too. Andrea Iannone was one of the first victims of the many crashes that occurred in this event. Yonny Hernandez suffered from the start of the rain that came down during the last few laps and finished in fifteenth place.
    Short but intense race for Andrea Iannone. At Aragon the Italian rider made a perfect start that allowed him to fight with Marc Marquez for the lead throughout the first lap. Unfortunately on the second lap Andrea went a little wide and putting his rear tire on the slippery synthetic grass, in fact after the rain in the morning it was still wet, being a threat for all the riders. For him it was impossible to control the bike that literally shot him to the ground. Andrea was unharmed but regretted the incident that stopped him from being the protagonist in a grand prix that started on the right way. Andrea will try again in the Asian races.
    Yonny Hernandez started well, staying immediately behind the top ten, trying to gain then position. At about eight laps from the end the rain started falling, Yonny crashed fortunately without any consequences but losing a lot of time. While changing motorcycle the rain became more insistent but the crash had made him move back to fifteenth place. He is happy that he finished in the point and hopes to do better in the next races.
    Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing)
    “I started well, I battled with Marc and I felt comfortable with my bike. Then unfortunately I crashed. I’m sorry for what happened because I could have fought for the podium. I took the same line as Marc but coming out of the corner, I was a bit wider out of the curb where there is synthetic grass it. I was about to crash because of a high-side but I managed to get the bike under control. But after that I was on the grass at a very high speed without being able to use the brakes and I crashed. It was a difficult situation. Now I want to think about the next race hoping to repeat or improve the result of qualifying and then close the weekend in beauty. “
    Yonny Hernandez (EnergyT.I. Pramac Racing)
    “I am very disappointed with my race because I threw away the chance to get back into the top ten. I quickly found a good rhythm, then when it started to rain, I decided to return to the pit lain but the last corner I crashed. when I got back on the bike made anther lap throwing away precious time. I can say I learned a lesson so next time I will not make these mistakes. Let’s hope fora good race in Motegi. “

photo from Motorcyclist Home | Motorcyclist

Read the whole post here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information